Intel to Discontinue 9th Gen Core X-Series HEDT Processors

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-core-x-series-family-boxes-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

Time is running out for Skylake-X, as Intel has published a product change notification advising that its 9th Gen Core X-series HEDT processors have entered the discontinuation process. While these chips are technically EOL (product discontinuation program support has already begun), prospective owners can still order them before January 22, 2021, with final shipments slated for July 9, 2021.

Of course, none of this is really surprising, since their successors – Intel’s 10th Gen Cascade Lake-X chips – have been on shelves since late last year. Here’s a list of which SKUs are affected...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen 9 or 10 series HEDT Intel chips on the market in the past 9 months?

You mean Intel is going to discontinue CPU's that they aren't really making anyway?

Has anyone seen 9 or 10 series HEDT Intel chips on the market in the past 9 months?

I've continued to keep an eye out for them. I've seen the 10900X and 10920X chips out in the wild on occasion. I have never seen a 10940X or 10980XE for sale anywhere. I'm still getting notifications from B&H Photo that these remain unavailable.

My usual go to PC store does not sell intel HEDT CPU's anymore the other one still has some gen 10 on sale although the top one is still preorder the 10940X is howerver available for delivery next day.
https://www.alternate.be/Hardware/Processoren/Intel/Socket-2066

Become a Patron!
Back