BIOSTAR Announces B450NH Mini-ITX Motherboard for AMD Ryzen Processors

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
biostar-b450n-motherboard-box-1024x576.jpg
Image: BIOSTAR

BIOSTAR has launched its latest Mini-ITX motherboard, the B450NH, which includes support for AMD’s latest Ryzen 3000XT series processors. Some of the key specifications include one PCIe M.2 slot (32 Gb/s) and support for dual channel DDR4 4000 memory. It also features an HDMI port for 4K video output.

Original Press Release:

BIOSTAR, a leading brand of motherboards, graphics cards, and storage devices, today proudly announces the B450NH Mini-ITX motherboard.

Designed based on AMD’s B450 single chip architecture, the new B450NH motherboard from BIOSTAR is sleek and convenient, coming in a Mini-ITX form factor suitable for builds with smaller footprint that saves desk space as well as being easy to move around.

The BIOSTAR B450NH motherboard carries AMD’s AM4 socket built...

Continue reading...

Why the **** is there a VGA port on the board? And only 6 USB ports in the back? With nothing else stacked above the HDMI connector or the two USB 3 blue ports?

It is cruelty to realize Biostar still has consumer products, but companies like Abit have gone by the wayside.

It is cruelty to realize Biostar still has consumer products, but companies like Abit have gone by the wayside.

I like my Gigabyte boards, but would definitely still be with Abit if they were around.

Why the **** is there a VGA port on the board? And only 6 USB ports in the back? With nothing else stacked above the HDMI connector or the two USB 3 blue ports?

The VGA port is there because its practically a requirement for hardware sold in emerging markets like China. I've talked to numerous motherboard manufacturers about that very topic and this is what they've all told me. Keep in mind that Biostar has virtually no presence in the US market. It's an after thought for them at best. They don't even have PR people in North America. They rely on an outside firm for all of that.

Well, ABIT was hit particularly hard by the capacitor issues of the early 2000's. Add to that, some mismanagement and a few less than stellar products and ABIT found itself in a precarious financial position. It was then sold to a new parent company that elected to dissolve the brand at some point as it wasn't making money. Basically, when they stopped being ABIT and became abit, that's when their products started to really decline in quality and innovation.

I like my Gigabyte boards, but would definitely still be with Abit if they were around.

Again, this assumes that an ABIT that was still around today had course corrected enough to stay alive and return to their original form. Simply surviving wouldn't have necessarily required them to be producing good products today.

Especially so with the A520's right around the corner.

There are also still plenty of existing X470, B450 designs, as well as B550. There simply is no reason to get excited about a motherboard that's a generation behind and over a year late to the party.

Again, this assumes that an ABIT that was still around today had course corrected enough to stay alive and return to their original form. Simply surviving wouldn't have necessarily required them to be producing good products today.

One could only hope..;)

I'm all for VGA ports, I have so much legacy industrial PC stuff I deal with and always have trouble interfacing. 9-pin serial is still super common (and not all USB adapters function correctly or equally). I still have some sites that need 3.5" floppies. A lot of commercial stuff is the same way - POS registers and such.

Not that we go out and buy enthusiast level hardware to support these things, but it's nice to still see them get made.

Become a Patron!
Back