Corsair H115i Platinum AIO Cooler Review

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction

CW-9060032-WW-Gallery-H115i-Pro-01-1024x603.png
Image Credit: Corsair

Today will again be using our new AIO test platform that is capable of putting out enough heat to make even the devil sweat. We do this to test AIO liquid cooling solutions that are likely to be used with some of today’s most demanding CPUs. So, on the bench today is the Corsair H115i Platinum liquid CPU water cooler ( CW-9060038-WW) which is currently the second most capable cooler in Corsair’s Hydro Series.

Corsair H115i...

[url=https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/08/17/corsair-h115i-platinum-aio-cooler-review/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a Corsair H115i for a couple of years (replaced it with my current Alphacool Eisbaer 280mm). One of my favourite things about these units is that texture wrap they use for the cables. I really should see if somebody makes those covers separately.

I had a H115i for a while. Strangest thing, it took me months to figure out - the cooler was causing my computer to randomly reboot.

Swapped out the cooler - all was fine after that. I must have had it installed improperly. Tried it out in another build, same thing, so it wasn't motherboard or CPU incompatibility. Maybe I just can't install them right, or maybe the pump was doing something glitchy on the rail or idk. When it ran it cooled well, it just didn't let me have a stable system, even at stock clocks.

I think I still have it in the closet somewhere, but idk if it would still run, being left idle for years now.

Using one of these in my main PC now. It seems to handle everything at stock speeds on my 9900K fine in quiet mode, though I could see where you notice the noise at higher levels.

That reminds me, another thing that I liked about the Corsair unit was the Corsair Link software (I think it's now iCue, might be wrong). Software was very easy to use and it definitely felt more intuitive than trying to figure out my mobo's fan control after I got my Alphacool.

That reminds me, another thing that I liked about the Corsair unit was the Corsair Link software (I think it's now iCue, might be wrong). Software was very easy to use and it definitely felt more intuitive than trying to figure out my mobo's fan control after I got my Alphacool.

It is called iCue. I like it myself also.

Become a Patron!
Back