Sega Doubling Down on PC Efforts After Finding Success on Steam

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
sega-logo-black-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sega

Sega recently released Persona 4 Golden on Steam, which managed to sell a lot more than the company had anticipated. As a result of that financial success, the Japanese company has revealed that it’s shifting gears and putting a lot more priority into PC platform development. Basically, we’re about to get a lot more Sega games on Steam, which is great news for fans who have been crying for PC versions of Virtua Fighter 5, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and other classics. (We’re not sure if those will actually happen, but we can dream, right?)

“We remastered Person 4 The Golden, the title previously sold on PlayStation Vita, and launched on Steam in this fiscal year,” executives said. “The games...

Continue reading...

That's fine by me, I hope Sega digs deep into their own pockets and remaster some of their past games. The Shining series, Panzer Dragoon Saga, etc. Feels like there's a whole slew of Saturn titles that never got to see a Western release but would find great success here now.

I wish SEGA would do the next Virtua Tennis. I really enjoyed the last game in the series. But it was released 8 years ago.

I wish SEGA would do the next Virtua Tennis. I really enjoyed the last game in the series. But it was released 8 years ago.

I also miss Virtua Tennis on my Dreamcast. Actually I just miss the Dreamcast in general. But I rage-quit the thing when Sega sold out. I really enjoyed the lightgun games but OMG the hand cramps. I don't think those things even work on modern flat panel screens anymore.

Honestly a lot of these Japanese game companies should've gotten on board with full PC support and day-one launches ages ago. Well, glad some of them are finally starting to come around.

PD Orta on PC would've been sick. I mainly use my XB1 for playing original Xbox and X360 games, and one of those games is PD Orta. Looks fantastic on XB1.

Feels like there's a whole slew of Saturn titles that never got to see a Western release but would find great success here now.
Saturn was indeed the import gamer's system. I actually own 3 Saturns: Japanese Model 1, American Model 1, American Model 2. Still one of my most used consoles.

I also miss Virtua Tennis on my Dreamcast.
Yeah 1 and 2 were tons of fun (I never played any of the others). My friend actually owns both games for Naomi. The first game is on cartridge and the second game is on a GD-ROM disc. Some pics:
Still waiting for that remake of Panzer Dragoon 1 to hit PC (although I do have a Switch): https://store.steampowered.com/app/1178880/Panzer_Dragoon_Remake/

I'd love a remaster of Skies of Arcadia. Never did finish it but it was a great game from what I played of it.

Become a Patron!
Back