NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series to Start at $399?

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-logo-black-1024x577.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

GarnetSunset, the guy who shared new photos of the GeForce RTX 3090 yesterday, has also posted the alleged prices for the rest of NVIDIA’s RTX 30 Series graphics cards. According to the security researcher, the GeForce RTX 3060 will cost $399, while the GeForce RTX 3070 and 3080 will cost $599 and $799, respectively. The flagship RTX 3090, as mentioned in our previous report, will cost $1,399.

If these prices are correct, that would make the GeForce RTX 3060 $50 more expensive than the RTX 2060 when it launched back in January 2019 ($349). The GeForce RTX 3070 and RTX 3080 would also be priced $100 higher than its predecessors, which released in the Fall of 2018 for $499 and $699...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't make sense - I bet NVIDIA is feeding misinformation.
If the entire lineup has RTX support, then there will be no 16x0 series.
So the lineup needs to shift down - not up.
3050, 3050Ti, 3060, 3060Ti, 3070, 3070 with double RAM, 3080, 3080 with double RAM, 3090

I'm gonna guess:
150, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 1200

So the lineup needs to shift down - not up.
hahahahahahaha

I mean, I agree with what you say, and I would like that to be the case, but ... this is nVidia, with no real competition yet. It won't happen until someone else brings something to the table.

The only reason the 16xx series existed in the first place was because that's the only place AMD was competitive, so nVidia had a cut down less expensive line to be able to compete. I fully expect that to continue to be the case, until AMD proves they can do otherwise.

Its entirety possible they may cut those 399 and under cards.
From a business standpoint makes sense...
Equating retail with higher margin makes sense in some ways
AMD is not that far off from this either ( in my opinion their low end offering in retail is an afterthought, and old stuff) I wouldn't be surprised if both did this for retail but do offer low end solutions only to the likes of Dell and Hp.
In retail you migh be confronted with either gaming in an APU or a 400plus add in card.
I don't know what would happen to the market if this was so.

Imagine if apus got boosted to replace low end video cards completely. Hummm... You know that's a good idea.

Amd could have done a much more powerful apu for the desktop a century ago. I can't imagine being about a technical difficulty. Perhaps a resource, testing and so on issue? Don't know but it can't take much to replace 2 of the computing dies with with a 4gb stack of hbm( even old gen, or whatever is cheapest) and a GPU die. This would give you a massive uplift in the gpu vs current apus.. for much less than a cpu plus dgpu costs, and would wipe the need for ' low end' dgpus.
I hope they stop holding back on this.

Imagine if apus got boosted to replace low end video cards completely. Hummm... You know that's a good idea.

Not sure Nvidia will be happy with that but they are wealthy enough so who cares.

They just won't use the GTX name anymore. Everything is RTX. Get your RTX cheaper, even though it's just a GTX card renamed.

Become a Patron!
Back