Halo 3: ODST Coming to PC on September 22

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
halo-3-odst-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: 343 Industries

343 Industries has confirmed that Bungie’s Halo 3 spin-off, Halo 3: ODST, is joining The Master Chief Collection (PC) on September 22. For the first time ever, PC players will be able to step into the boots of “the Rookie” and battle their way through Covenant-torn New Mombasa with a slew of platform-exclusive enhancements, such as customizable keyboard/mouse support and 60+ frame rates.

You can check out a cinematic teaser for Halo 3: ODST’s PC version below, which should serve as the definitive edition of the game. While ODST is already available for the Xbox One X (and in 4K UHD resolution, no less), the higher frame rates of the PC version should result in an even better-looking experience.

“Known for their courage, valor, and penchant for tackling the impossible, Orbital Drop...

Continue reading...

Hard for me to get excited about a 10 year old Halo game. I remember ODST being pretty good but not something I went out of my mind for.

****ing sweeeeeet. The two Halo games I wanted to play the most on PC were Reach and ODST. ODST was the last one I was waiting for. At long last, after so many playthroughs on console, I FINALLY get to play it with mouse and keyboard, where my aiming doesn't make it look like a drunk baby is playing. I been replaying each Halo game as they've been released on PC over the past year, but this is where I'm stopping. Halo 3, ODST, and Reach were the 3 games we were never able to play on PC with mouse and keyboard, and now at last this great injustice has been corrected. Really looking forward to going through ODST on PC.

LOL, so now customizable keyboard controls on a PC game are "enhancements" to advertise?
I think it's a bare minimum feature on PC.

I wanted to play the MCC, but the windows store made me rage quit before I even started the first game.

Thanks but I think I've lost my apetite for it for a while. Just wanted to give it a go before my games pass subscription runs out that I got for $1 only to try out flight sim 2020. For €40 it's not that appealing.
You get 6 full games plus the full range of multiplayer for that €40. Seems like a good deal, but I understand if you're not into Halo. It was honestly bland when it was new and it certainly doesn't hold up too well today.

Isn't ODST the ****ty one in the series?

Isn't ODST the ****ty one in the series?
4 would take that crown out of the ones in the MCC. Opinions on ODST are mixed due to the change in gameplay during the campaign from not playing as a SPARTAN.

4 would take that crown out of the ones in the MCC. Opinions on ODST are mixed due to the change in gameplay during the campaign from not playing as a SPARTAN.

I actually like Halo 4 better than most of the other games in the series. I'm not sure why.

Halo Reach and ODST are my favorite ones in the series.

I haven't finished Reach. I started playing it on the PC since I got the MCC. I like it so far, but I haven't circled back around to finishing it.

Become a Patron!
Back