Finished Control, it was disappointing...

MadMummy76

FPS Junkie
I was kind of disappointed with this game, I expected much better. I don't know why it got any game of the year awards.

The premise is pretty good but the potential is left almost completely untapped.
My biggest gripe with the game is that nothing is explained, there are no rules laid down. The enemy is faceless, and the game failed at making me invested in either the protagonist or the struggle. 6/10

Full review here: http://madblog.shacknet.us/control-ultimate-edition/

I haven't played this yet but was kinda thinking about it based on all the rave reviews I keep hearing. I'm always on the lookout for a good single player game but I was never quite sure about this one.

I started the game then got side tracked with Doom Eternal then something else. Want to play it with RT once I get a good RT card that can play it. Anyways I like the story in that I get to fill in the blanks how ever I want. This is kinda like you get to make up your own storyline to a certain amount. Some may find that weird but I enjoy that aspect of this game.

I played it at a friends for a few hours (probably 3) and found it a bit dull and uninspiring.
Sorry.
Does it build on you when played for longer?

The game is all about the visuals, pseudo-flying and telekinetics. Looks especially great with RTX but the story - yep, I guess its all about becoming the head honcho of the Federal Bureau of Control and launching fork lifts and chairs at enemies and with that I'm happy.

CONTROL SEPTEMBER UPDATE (1.13)

This update is specifically fixing issues in the PC version of Control / Ultimate Edition

GENERAL
  • On PC, NVIDIA DLSS now has the Ultra-Performance mode option, enabling upto 9X AI super resolution (for example 1440p -> 8K).
  • Fixed instances when the Hedron Chamber door would not open in the main story mission Polaris.

UI
  • Fixed PlayStation button prompts not displaying on PC.
  • Fixed input icons appearing corrupted on the input binding menu on PC.

STEAM

• Fixed various save game issues, like saving appearing "stuck", crashes on player death and the game rolling back to old saves on death.
  • Fixed various progress-based achievements which appeared to reset when the game was closed.

I played it at a friends for a few hours (probably 3) and found it a bit dull and uninspiring.
Sorry.
Does it build on you when played for longer?
Not really, it's more of the same vague stuff throughout the entire game.

CONTROL SEPTEMBER UPDATE (1.13)

This update is specifically fixing issues in the PC version of Control / Ultimate Edition

GENERAL
  • On PC, NVIDIA DLSS now has the Ultra-Performance mode option, enabling upto 9X AI super resolution (for example 1440p -> 8K).
  • Fixed instances when the Hedron Chamber door would not open in the main story mission Polaris.

UI
  • Fixed PlayStation button prompts not displaying on PC.
  • Fixed input icons appearing corrupted on the input binding menu on PC.

STEAM

• Fixed various save game issues, like saving appearing "stuck", crashes on player death and the game rolling back to old saves on death.
  • Fixed various progress-based achievements which appeared to reset when the game was closed.
[/URL]
It would've been great weeks ago when I played the game. The save bug happened to me and I've lost hours of progress because of it.

I was curious about the game given the review scores and hype for it, but every single video I watched just seemed like the protagonist floating around and hurling objects at enemies. I mean that's cool if it's one gameplay element, but it seemed like that's all they were doing the entire time. I dunno. This is why I miss demos.

I was curious about the game given the review scores and hype for it, but every single video I watched just seemed like the protagonist floating around and hurling objects at enemies. I mean that's cool if it's one gameplay element, but it seemed like that's all they were doing the entire time. I dunno. This is why I miss demos.
Well combat is like that, as soon as you get the floating ability you use it a lot. That's about 50% of the game, the other 50% is walking around maze like corridors getting lost. At least for me it was like that, the map is useless.

Become a Patron!
Back