Cyberpunk 2077 Has Finally Gone Gold

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-screenshot-purple-club-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

CD PROJEKT RED has announced that Cyberpunk 2077 has finally gone gold after years of hard work and intensive development. What this means is that the highly anticipated sci-fi RPG is mostly completed and ready to be distributed to fans who can’t wait to dive into the seedy alleys of Night City.

“Cyberpunk 2077 has gone gold!,” exclaimed CD PROJEKT RED in a tweet this morning. “See you in Night City on November 19th!”

The announcement included a new image of Cyberpunk 2077’s Johnny Silverhand, who is played by the one-and-only Keanu Reeves. A central character, Silverhand is a rocker who previously served as the lead singer for the band Samurai.

CD PROJEKT RED has also released two Cyberpunk 2077 commercials (“No Limits,” “Seize the Day”) starring the legendary...

Continue reading...

Is going gold even still a thing in this day and age? I guess it would be for console versions.

So if it's production ready... why not release it to everyone that preordered it to play it? Or are they waiting on the new console launches to avoid spoilers? I mean why wait another month and 2 weeks?

Is going gold even still a thing in this day and age? I guess it would be for console versions.

Yes, it's still a thing. It's also for PC versions outside of North America.

So if it's production ready... why not release it to everyone that preordered it to play it? Or are they waiting on the new console launches to avoid spoilers? I mean why wait another month and 2 weeks?

They are making discs for the console versions and PC versions outside of North America. They need time to build stock prior to release. Additionally, they'll continue to use the time between now and November 19th, to work on their day one patch. The game is very much in development. Going gold doesn't mean that the work stops.

To build up inventory. Physical sales are still significant on the console side of things and in other parts of the world.

I think I am more interested in this game because of it's graphical qualities than anything else so far.
Yeah I'm strange.

I think I am more interested in this game because of it's graphical qualities than anything else so far.
Yeah I'm strange.

It isn't a technological leap forward visually. It's got style, that's for sure. But it's graphics aren't revolutionary or anything. However, for an RPG, they are quite good from what I've seen in the demo footage.

It isn't a technological leap forward visually. It's got style, that's for sure. But it's graphics aren't revolutionary or anything. However, for an RPG, they are quite good from what I've seen in the demo footage.

I said graphical, not technical :) Like you, what I've seen so far just looks really good.

I played SOTTR thru twice, mainly because of the stunning visuals. And the tombs where entertaining. Story was flat.

Become a Patron!
Back