Could Black Widow Debut on Disney+? Mouse Doubling Down on Streaming As Theater and Park Industries Falter

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
black-widow-character-poster-1024x576.jpg
Image: Marvel Studios

Earlier this week, Disney announced that it would be undergoing a dramatic reorganization that places streaming at the forefront of its business strategy thanks to the incredible success of Disney+, which has managed to rake in over 60 million subscribers since its debut last year (November 12).

While it isn’t clear how long Disney was planning this (CEO Bob Chapek claims it was long in the making), the move makes perfect sense in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, which has crippled the theater and theme park industries with severe consequences. (Just last month, Disney announced that it’d be laying off 28,000 employees in its parks...

Continue reading...

Yeah ok, I'll wait until included.
Seems clear theaters will be dead soon enough.
Bleed Disney, bleed.

Yeah ok, I'll wait until included.
Seems clear theaters will be dead soon enough.
Bleed Disney, bleed.

I think moves like this will be the platelets to stem the flow of blood and hopefully shut it off completely. Yea disney is big but they are focused on doing what they do. And I can say for absolutely sure if a Disney Movie theater opened near me once Covid is a controlled part of our lives, I for one would be open to checking it out. (Especially if my Disney + gave me a discount.)

They should retrofit theaters to host gaming tournaments. Some of the chains are going to go under, perfect opportunity.

Become a Patron!
Back