AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Edges Out NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 In New Benchmarks

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6000-series-logo-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Various outlets and hardware leakers have shared 3DMark benchmarks that suggest AMD’s Radeon 6800 XT could be powerful enough to compete against NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 3080. While the benchmarks are synthetic, the results are surprising in light of the popular theory that only the Radeon RX 6900 XT can match green team’s flagship.

The first benchmarks come from Igor Wallossek and an unknown board partner that manufactures both AMD and NVIDIA cards (e.g., not PowerColor). Interestingly, the Radeon RX 6800 XT scores higher than the GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition in both Fire Strike Extreme (20 percent) and Time Spy...

Continue reading...

Just a shame about the ray tracing performance, otherwise I'd seriously be considering one right now with the difficulty of getting an Ampere card. As always, will hold final judgement until they are in reviewer and customer hands.

It's going to come down to pricing for me .. ... because of my OCD, I'd prefer to stay all AMD (currently 3700x,x570,5700xt)

Figures. As soon as I plunked down $500 for my G-Sync gaming monitor, I knew AMD would end up back on top of the GPU market.

I wonder what launch day will look like for AMD.....I still really really want to hold out for a 3080 Founder's Edition but since those won't be in stock til likely February, if AMD can actually have some decent stock and not get wiped out by POS scalpers, I don't know if I'll be able to pass that up.

Maybe this will push Nvidia to get more product out the door. Would take a lot to get me to go back to a Radeon card.

Would take a lot to get me to go back to a Radeon card.

Ya know, I have both Nvidia and AMD video cards and I like both. Have had great luck with both brands and really don't have a preference to either.

Ya know, I have both Nvidia and AMD video cards and I like both. Have had great luck with both brands and really don't have a preference to either.

The last card I had from "ATI" was a X800 series which was great. I tried another in my old i7 950 build (can't remember the model number) and it failed and was the first piece of hardware I ever had to return. Been with Nvidia since with no issues, so I may hold a slight grudge there..lol

I've had a number of ATI/AMD cards over the years and didn't have much of an issue out of any of them.

I've had more ATI/AMD cards over the years than I've had nVidia and with one exception have never run into all the issues people talk about.

The one and only video card I ever had die on me was my nVidia 8800GT. I replaced that with a Radeon HD5770 and it's still in use in my server.

Become a Patron!
Back