Cyberpunk 2077 Will Support Ray Tracing on AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series GPUs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-screenshot-purple-club-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

Back in October, Gfinity Esports shared an excerpt from PC Gamer magazine that suggested Cyberpunk 2077’s snazzy ray-tracing effects (i.e., diffuse illumination, reflections, ambient occlusion, and shadows) would be exclusive to NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards at launch.

“In an interview with PC Gamer’s magazine, art director Jakup Knapik confirmed that only Nvidia Geforce cards will support the feature when the game launches next month,” the website wrote.

Now we’re learning that may not be the case. According to a Q&A with NVIDIA’s Brian Burke (via...

Continue reading...

I love the mention of dlss. Angone else notice if your system performance is good for your wanted resolution thst the nvidia app doesn't even recommend dlss?

I love the mention of dlss. Angone else notice if your system performance is good for your wanted resolution thst the nvidia app doesn't even recommend dlss?
I don't think anyone would be recommending lowering settings if the system and environment can handle higher ones. DLSS represents a lowering of settings from native, it's just... less bad than doing resolution scaling after the fact. A lot less bad in many cases. But still not native.

Also that's 'recommended'. I'd happily use DLSS in order to lower performance demands in some situations, such as with SFFs or laptops.

I agree with you on that front LazyGamer for SFF and Laptops. Even though I have a laptop for travel the 960 in it is getting old in the teeth.

DLSS will matter for ppl that want to play this at 1440p/144fps and above with a 3070/2080 etc.

Majority of PC gamers will be on non Ampere hardware when this launches.
Playing this on Turing with RT without DLSS would be dumb unless youre on 1080p with a 2080ti and probably even then it wont be great.

Don't know why this is news. Cyberpunk 2077 was built for DirectX 12, which uses DXR for ray tracing. The developer statement was just reflective of what the graphics market looked like compared to the launch window at the time.
People use the recommended settings in GeForce Experience?

Last edited:
People use the recommended settings in GeForce Experience?
Usually beats whatever the game sets up, but yeah, only for stuff that isn't really performance limited. It's good for 'I just want to play the game', particularly for stuff that's perhaps half a decade old.

Become a Patron!
Back