AMD Confirms Price Drop for Radeon RX 5700 Series

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Confirming earlier reports, AMD has admitted it is dropping the prices of its entire Radeon RX 5700 range. That would include the golden 50th Anniversary Edition, which offers higher performance than the regular 5700 XT model.

A graphic posted on AMD's official Facebook page lays it all out. The RX 5700 and 5700 XT have been reduced to $349 and $399, while the 50th Anniversary Edition of the 5700 XT will be priced at $449.

We know that gamers will be thrilled once they have the opportunity to experience the amazing performance, stunning visual fidelity and highly responsive gameplay these new graphics cards provide. Making history on 7/7 as the first company to launch gaming CPUs and GPUs together – the first in 7nm and PCIe 4.0 – is all about pushing the ultimate gaming experience forward for as many gamers as possible.

Herkelman implied on Twitter that this was the plan all along (to bait Nvidia in pricing). Not sure if I believe that entirely, but I guess it would make sense that AMD knew the RTX refresh would've been due anytime and would've had a 'counter' ready. I thought they'd just bundle them up with a decent game bundle (ala Radeon VII) but the price cut is nice.

What would've been really great, is if AMD revealed the price cut alongside RX5800s releasing on the same day at competitive pricing/performance with Nvidia's higher end. But, one can only dream.

Either way, price cuts (for both companies) are great to see and I welcome competition in the GPU segment again.

Herkelman implied on Twitter that this was the plan all along (to bait Nvidia in pricing). Not sure if I believe that entirely, but I guess it would make sense that AMD knew the RTX refresh would've been due anytime and would've had a 'counter' ready. I thought they'd just bundle them up with a decent game bundle (ala Radeon VII) but the price cut is nice.

What would've been really great, is if AMD revealed the price cut alongside RX5800s releasing on the same day at competitive pricing/performance with Nvidia's higher end. But, one can only dream.

Either way, price cuts (for both companies) are great to see and I welcome competition in the GPU segment again.
I have my doubts it is really plan from the get go, seems more like a reaction to the Super release and Herkelman trying to save face for AMD, of course this is my opinion only and we may never know the details.

Can hardly wait for comparison reviews of the 5700AE and 5800 to the new RTX Super lineup.

One of them will likely end up in my system.

Become a Patron!
Back