AMD Ryzen 5000 Processors Working on 300 Series Motherboards?

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-ryzen-badge-circle-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Chiphell user chm128256 has shared screenshots showing AMD’s new Ryzen 9 5900X processor running on an ASRock A320M-HDV motherboard. The implication is that Zen 3 CPUs are compatible with the 300 Series chipset, which is amusing, being that official support is relegated to the 400 and 500 Series.

Owing credence to the theory is an overclock.net forum user, who claims to know someone who has successfully paired a Zen 3 processor with an X370 motherboard.

“I have a solid info personally from a guy who runs Zen3 processor on… wait for it… X370 GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD,”...

Continue reading...

Yep. Anything released these days (it could be a gold-polished turd) will be bought up by bots and then resold at an extreme profit. People will pay the higher prices because they need instant gratification.

Possible, yes.

But who wants to buy one to test, only to find out that it doesn't work for them.

Still waiting for an update on Asrock 470.... still only showing Matisse support as highest.

My stepsons rig (MSI B350 Tomahawk) could use a last huzzah CPU upgrade from the Ryzen 5 1600x I bought him at launch.

I was considering picking up a fire sale Ryzen 7 3800xt, but...

Possible, yes.

But who wants to buy one to test, only to find out that it doesn't work for them.

Wouldnt be hard to get rid off it didn't work, I might get one when they are a bit more readily available.

The Photoshop and Lightroom results from Puget System on the 5600X are pretty cool.

Become a Patron!
Back