AMD’s Radeon RX 6800 XT Ray-Tracing Benchmarks (1440p) Leaked

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-vertical-black-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

We’re only a day away from the launch of AMD’s Radeon RX 6800 XT and Radeon RX 6800 graphics cards, but VideoCardz has gone ahead and leaked an official slide that gives us an early idea of what their ray-tracing performance might be like under the 1440p setting.

The metrics suggest that users can expect an average of 80 FPS in popular titles with ray tracing enabled for the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT. Battlefield V shows an average of 70 FPS, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare shows an average of 95 FPS, Crysis Remastered shows an average of 90 FPS, Metro Exodus shows an average of 67 FPS, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider shows...

Continue reading...

Oh dear, performance will struggle with UHD res.

Well, this looks like native 1440p.

So, native 4k will likely be pretty unimpressive. Based on a quick and dirty pixel count linear scale conversion, we can expect 30-40fps out of this thing in 4k at the same DXR settings they used in this benchmark.

Keep in mind that Nvidia didn't look super impressive at 4k in RTX mode either. They made that work through DLSS 2.0.

AMD claims they are working on their own solution for this. Hopefully it will be good enough to result in playable 4k.

Previous articles also have suggested that the 6800xt's have been pretty good overclockers, which may help.

Honestly though, I'm thinking that if you want a hope of a decent experience in 4k, it's 6900xt, RTX 3090 or nothing.

For most ppl I'm sure that whatever FidelityFX manages to do will be enough RT is not that interesting.

For most ppl I'm sure that whatever FidelityFX manages to do will be enough RT is not that interesting.

I agree. RT is minor right now, and likely will be for a few more generations.

I am concerned it is going to be thrown into everything though as every developer fulfills managements demands of having an RT title, even if you can't even tell the difference, and it will slow everything down.

I agree. RT is minor right now, and likely will be for a few more generations.

I am concerned it is going to be thrown into everything though as every developer fulfills managements demands of having an RT title, even if you can't even tell the difference, and it will slow everything down.
As long as you can turn it off, who cares.

Personally, I'm a fan. But I get some arent and as long as we have options to choose from it's all good.

Seems like... every single generation for the past 3-4...

The top tier card is billed as ~the~ 4K card, every other card sucks at 4K, the next tier down gets called the 1440 card, and everything else is various shades of 1080.

Then the next generation comes out - now all the previous generation are trash at 4K, the new high end card is the real 4K card, and so on and so forth.

So... the 6800 not being a 4K card - should surprise exactly no one. That will get reserved for the 6900XTXTiBBQ edition. At least until the 4000/7000 series are out, then all the Navi2/Amperes will be trash, none of them can drive 4K any longer, and we repeat this cycle all over again.

The top tier card is billed as ~the~ 4K card, every other card sucks at 4K, the next tier down gets called the 1440 card, and everything else is various shades of 1080.
That's just marketing.

Reality?

There are no '4k cards'. There are games that I can run at 4k on my old GTX970, and there are games that won't run at 4k on an RTX3090, with appropriate settings applied in both cases.

Now, perhaps the bigger deal is that 4k is pretty much the limit of human perception within 'traditional' FOVs. And at 120Hz, at least with OLED, you've hit the point of diminishing returns.

So it's not a bad target, but it does of course depend on the content, unless of course you're in the marketing department ;)

That's just marketing.

Reality?

There are no '4k cards'. There are games that I can run at 4k on my old GTX970, and there are games that won't run at 4k on an RTX3090, with appropriate settings applied in both cases.

Now, perhaps the bigger deal is that 4k is pretty much the limit of human perception within 'traditional' FOVs. And at 120Hz, at least with OLED, you've hit the point of diminishing returns.

So it's not a bad target, but it does of course depend on the content, unless of course you're in the marketing department ;)

Marketing department: Higher Number = Better, so even higher number = Even better!'

Who need nuance, or complication. Just trust the simple answers from the friendly neighborhood Marketing Deparment!

Honestly with Ray Tracing and no super sampling or whatever they want to call it that isn't bad at all.

Don't know why they included Crysis Remastered when it doesn't even use DXR.

Become a Patron!
Back