Now Retailers Are Warning That AMD Radeon RX 6800 Series Stock Will Be “Extremely Limited”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-front-io-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Hardware Unboxed’s Steve Walton recently reported that AMD Radeon RX 6800 Series graphics cards would be very difficult to procure at launch, and now, retailers have begun echoing that notion.

One of these is Micro Center – according to a Q&A published by LandShark, one of the retailer’s forum admins, RDNA 2 GPUs will be “extremely limited” on launch day. He suggests that more shipments will quickly follow, but it isn’t clear how many units each store might be getting with each delivery.

Q) Will you have the AMD Radeon RX 6000 series on launch?A) Yes, we will have the new RX...

Continue reading...

I'm reading this a little differently.

They say initial shipments may sell out quickly, but they expect to be replenished quickly too, with additional shipments arriving already same day, and a steady stream after that.

This actually makes me hopeful!

I'm waiting for the 6900 though.

I'm reading this a little differently.

They say initial shipments may sell out quickly, but they expect to be replenished quickly too, with additional shipments arriving already same day, and a steady stream after that.

This actually makes me hopeful!

I'm waiting for the 6900 though.
If that was the case, then why would a rather popular retailer in NY (B&H Photo) tell their customers that they aren't even taking orders or pre-orders for any of the 6800 series cards?

Hardware Unboxed was definitely on to something, even though it was only Aussie Retailers they were talking to.

If that was the case, then why would a rather popular retailer in NY (B&H Photo) tell their customers that they aren't even taking orders or pre-orders for any of the 6800 series cards?

Hardware Unboxed was definitely on to something, even though it was only Aussie Retailers they were talking to.
Dunno but probably need to wait a day or two to see if the sky is actually falling, or if it's just Day 1 Bot Shinanegans.

I gave the 3070 the benefit of the doubt, it wasn't warranted though as mere mortals still can't find them, but I did at least give nVidia a chance to prove their "delay and buildup" strategy.

I'll give AMD the same chance here. I don't see very many SKUs on the NowInStock yet. That doesn't mean a whole lot, as anything released today is probably long since gone, but...

Dunno but probably need to wait a day or two to see if the sky is actually falling, or if it's just Day 1 Bot Shinanegans.

I gave the 3070 the benefit of the doubt, it wasn't warranted though as mere mortals still can't find them, but I did at least give nVidia a chance to prove their "delay and buildup" strategy.

I'll give AMD the same chance here. I don't see very many SKUs on the NowInStock yet. That doesn't mean a whole lot, as anything released today is probably long since gone, but...

If day one shortages are all scalper-bot related, only to have additional supply follow up rapidly after, making it impossible for them to sell with their usual markups, I'll laugh my *** off.

*fingers crossed*

Maybe AMD and Nvidia should do the Elon Musk system. Reserve for 10 bucks, buy later.
I mean crap if.he does it for a car...

Become a Patron!
Back