AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT and Radeon RX 6800 Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
banner1-1.png

Introduction

The wait is finally over, what has seemed like ages, AMD has finally released a series of new GPUs aimed at the high-end gaming enthusiast level of performance.  The performance to finally provide an enjoyable 4K gaming experience, something which AMD has never offered before. 

For the last, very long while, years even, NVIDIA has dominated this performance segment.  AMD instead, decided to ignore this level of performance and focus on the mainstream segment.  This left competition void in the very high-end, and NVIDIA simply had the fastest video card and best 4K experience with the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti reigning for literally years, since 2018.  AMD offered no competition whatsoever.  AMD offered no 4K gaming video card.  Is this truly AMD’s comeback?  Let’s find out.

History

Let’s do a little history before we dive into the new Radeon RX 6000 series video cards based on...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, the wait ain't over.
No one in the public domain was able to purchase a GPU.
The bots won again.
I guess I'll wait until Easter........

I didn't even try this time. Everything "feels" like a paper-launch of late, and its not getting better anytime soon.

Thank you Brent for an awesome review! Someday I'll be able to get my hands on either this or the 3080 from nVidia.

Last edited:
I knew I was not going to be able to get my hands on Zen3 or 6800XT this year, but it makes me very excited for the system rebuild next year. It's been years since an all AMD system, and I'm rather looking forward to it.

Seems to me the 16gb didn't make much of a difference if at all

AMD should feel comfortable releasing an 8gb RX6800 and go head 2 head with the RTX3070 and still beat it.

It's the perfect card for the anti RT, anti 4k crowd.

And priced accordingly.

Speaking of which, I will say the card feels nice in my hands, the texturing of the material is quite nice to feel. It's very solid and heavier than I thought it would be.

Is that sarcasm? The card will be sitting in the case. Nobody will be stroking it.

After all the hype, this feels like a let-down.
Really? how so?

They are so much better than I anticipated, specially the 6800.

BTW looking at other reviews, the RTX3700 meets or beats the 2080Ti in most games contrary to FPS data. I know they are not really comparable, just saying.

Why dont you just poke the guy is the a$$ with a stick.......see how that feels.

Poll on Hardforum.....like 2 people.
For about 2 minutes the plain 6800 was available.
I tried to get an XT......they were honestly gone before you could advance to your cart.
Pathetic launch.......oh well, not life or death.

Really? how so?

They are so much better than I anticipated, specially the 6800.

BTW looking at other reviews, the RTX3700 meets or beats the 2080Ti in most games contrary to FPS data. I know they are not really comparable, just saying.

Here's how: Nvidia lowered prices this generation, and delivered better than expected improvements, AMD raised prices and is clearly lagging Nvidia, even though they have a better process and more VRAM.

RTX 3070, you mean. No it does not beat 2080Ti from what most people have posted.

Become a Patron!
Back