Retailers Claim Initial GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Stock Is Much Better Than Other Ampere GPUs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA began selling its latest Ampere graphics card, the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, for $399 today. As with most Ampere launches, many of us have been dreading how awful the stock situation is going to be, but if a poll conducted by Hardware Canucks (via PC Gamer) is correct, there were actually a decent amount of cards to go around this time.

Hardware Canucks polled twelve retailers from different parts of the world (five in the US, two in Canada, three in the EU/UK, and two in Australia), and many of them reported that the initial batch of GeForce RTX 3060 Ti stock is higher than the GeForce RTX 3080, GeForce RTX 3070, and...

Continue reading...

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaha...... Oh........ Gotta catch my breath.... Thanks for the good laugh! More availability.... That's rich....

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaha...... Oh........ Gotta catch my breath.... Thanks for the good laugh! More availability.... That's rich....
Just because retailers got more volume doesn't mean they would not sell out any less quickly. The xx60 is probably the gaming model that sells the most.

My favorite retailer sent a mail they had a 100 in stock, so that's something.

hopefully people will focus on the 3060's. When the time comes I hope 3080's OR 6800XT's are in stock at the base configs. That's what I'm aiming for.

Meanwhile it's been how many months since 3080 released? And good luck finding one of those at the "bargain" price of full MSRP.

so, why will these be in stock and not 3080's and 3090's? What, the actual, samson?
I’m not certain but sounds like it’s a salvage 3070 die. So there is that going for it. It’s a smaller chip than the GA102, so more chips per wafer.

Depending on what yields are for the GA104 - it’s entirely possible there could be many many more 3060 Ti’s than even 3070s. This will be interesting and may shed some light on how Samsung 8nm is doing, since 3070 availability has been so poor.

There also has been a fairly large window of 3070 manufacture, so there is probably a pile of suitable 3060Ti chips already ready to go, but once those are exhausted your back to being constrained, so that’s another thing to watch out forX

Also it uses GDDR6, not 6X, which also greatly affects availability.

So we'll be getting 10 per state instead of 2?

Good job nvidia, way to go!

Become a Patron!
Back