Sony Patent Fuels Speculation of PlayStation 5 Pro with Dual GPUs

To be fair I don't see them doing this either. It'd be a giant pain in the butt, over just using a single but more powerful gpu. Not just for the developers, but with two gpus comes all the circuitry to run the two gpus, that is a lot of additional mfg costs, when they are saving on an aluminium plate that would cover the last ram chip. This is fantasy land.

I think you mean how PS5 revision wil NOT look like.

I'd love to see the "concept" PS5 render that is the closest to the real one. No one got it, not by any stretch.
And don't even get mi started with the SeriesX "concepts"
My favorite was people really believing that the consumer version of the PS5 would look anything like the dev kit.
To be fair I don't see them doing this either. It'd be a giant pain in the butt, over just using a single but more powerful gpu. Not just for the developers, but with two gpus comes all the circuitry to run the two gpus, that is a lot of additional mfg costs, when they are saving on an aluminium plate that would cover the last ram chip. This is fantasy land.
This, right here. Multi-GPU will just add too much complexity, cost, and power to the system when it could be simplified by just making the GPU on the SOC more powerful. This is what both Sony and Microsoft did last gen.

My favorite was people really believing that the consumer version of the PS5 would look anything like the dev kit.

This, right here. Multi-GPU will just add too much complexity, cost, and power to the system when it could be simplified by just making the GPU on the SOC more powerful. This is what both Sony and Microsoft did last gen.
Exactly, specially with the advent of 5nm it would be much easier to just make a more powerful APU

Become a Patron!
Back