Streaming Performance

Riccochet

FPS Regular
Would it be possible to get some streaming performance metrics done on current gen CPU's? With processors like the i9 9900k and R9 3900X the shift back to less complicated single PC streaming setups is a real possibility. With a focus on the most popular titles, like Fortnite, PUBG, LoL, WoW, R6S.

Possibly. Frankly, I have to learn more about doing that. I don't stream anything and never had the desire to do so. So it isn't something I've kept up with. I actually wanted to do some sort of comparison for this in the CPU article, but frankly I didn't have time to develop testing methods for that. AMD's claims about how the i9 9900K fared were basically shown by Gamer's Nexus to be total crap so I wanted to compare these processors at this task for myself.

So the short answer is yes, but I don't know how soon I could get this done.

Possibly. Frankly, I have to learn more about doing that. I don't stream anything and never had the desire to do so. So it isn't something I've kept up with. I actually wanted to do some sort of comparison for this in the CPU article, but frankly I didn't have time to develop testing methods for that. AMD's claims about how the i9 9900K fared were basically shown by Gamer's Nexus to be total crap so I wanted to compare these processors at this task for myself.

So the short answer is yes, but I don't know how soon I could get this done.

Let me know if you want some help with setup and testing methodology. What's good is Twitch and Streamlabs OBS already have performance monitors built in. It wouldn't be hard to crank through testing in a day.

If you go ahead with Stream testing, make sure to post up your Twitch account so we can join and mock your poor gaming skills.

If you go ahead with Stream testing, make sure to post up your Twitch account so we can join and mock your poor gaming skills.

You're more than welcome to mock my gaming skills now. Riccochet704. I just started messing around with single PC streaming on this account.

I can't see that I understand the appeal of streaming myself, but I'm certain a darn good benchmark could be made out of it somehow.

I can't see that I understand the appeal of streaming myself, but I'm certain a darn good benchmark could be made out of it somehow.

And that's what I'd be looking to do. I have no interest in being a Twitch streamer or anything like that.

Play a game and have handbrake running a hardware/software encode? Close enough?

Play a game and have handbrake running a hardware/software encode? Close enough?

I was thinking along the same lines, except streaming via network may actually put some different stresses on a system. Maybe just set up a dummy Twitch and stream parts of the benchmark suite to that with various settings?

Become a Patron!
Back