PS5 GPU Performance Comparable to AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, Suggests Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Analysis

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
assassins-creed-valhalla-eivor-axes-1024x576.jpg
Image: Ubisoft

Something that PlayStation 5 owners have been curious about is how the GPU in their next-gen console measures up to the various NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards that are available on today’s market. The answer to that has gotten a little clearer thanks to a new Assassin’s Creed Valhalla video from Digital Foundry’s Alex Battaglia, who attempted to match the visual settings between the PC and PS5 versions to determine what GPU PC gamers might need to match the latter’s fidelity and performance.

While the conclusions here are largely “theoretical” (there are various complications in play, such as discrepancies in the dynamic...

Continue reading...

Can someone please post another site saying the ps5 is faster than the new Xbox ashtray? These articles keep flip flopping back and forth.

Someone needs to turn these consoles into battle bots and set them on each other. The people have a right to know which is definitively better.

That's pretty much what I expected the consoles to perform. Like a RX5700XT + RT

I always found the "up to RTX2080Ti" performance greatly exagerated. Not even RTX2070Super.

I estimated it's performance to be similar to what the 6600XT will be and I got some backlash from AMD reddit.

It seems very clear to be 5700XT-like in rasterized performance.

Who cares? I have never seen sites so vigorously go after the PC comparison before.

Who cares? I have never seen sites so vigorously go after the PC comparison before.
I have, actually I've seen it so many times its boring. I think the last time a console was faster than a PC was in the PSX days, but then 3dfx emerged and the pc never looked back.

I can remember people trying to build a PS4 with a mobile AMD and a RX 460 or something like that.

And the old XB360 is equal to a nV8600 or something...

There are always Console equivalent Pc builds that hit when a new console comes out

Become a Patron!
Back