NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition Review

Availability doesn't affect the value of the card though.
You have valid points, and I hear them all.

But I take issue with this one point in particular. This goes along with that screenshot of the 1650:

That certainly affects value.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

The old saying "there are no bad cards just bad prices" comes to play here.

At current prices there is not much value in any of the recent AMD/nvidia cards.

there are already RTX3060Ti listed at over $550 dlls and similar price hikes are seen in every next gen card. Is a RTX3070 a good value at over $700 dlls?, what about the RX6800XT at over $1,000.

If I can actually get one of these at MSRP I’ll move on from my Vega64.

Interested to see what card AMD puts out in response.
At this point (and since you can't get one anyway) I'd wait for what the RX6700 will bring to the table.

I dunno.. from what I can tell, it seems like 3060Ti's are much easier to acquire. I see my local MC has them in stock (in person purchases only), and Best Buy had them in stock for a while this morning as well. I don't think this card will be hard to get... or at least, not as hard as some of the 3080's.

It would be nice if they are a bit easier to aquire, but, I'm still holding out for a card that has a bigger performance jump than what a 3060 ti would do for me.

Nice review.

I also am interested in seeing 4k numbers.... considering I'm 2 gens behind and running 4k games just fine on 1080ti. Minus the fancy ray tracing I'm not sure I would notice or care about in game anyway.

Nice review.

I also am interested in seeing 4k numbers.... considering I'm 2 gens behind and running 4k games just fine on 1080ti. Minus the fancy ray tracing I'm not sure I would notice or care about in game anyway.
TPU has it doing SOTTR in the 60's at 4K.
That's pretty allrite for that price range.

Just poking around at other sites and combining reviews, would it be fair to summarize the 3060ti as a 1080ti with less ram but ray tracing support? It seems they even sit in similar power envelopes?

Just poking around at other sites and combining reviews, would it be fair to summarize the 3060ti as a 1080ti with less ram but ray tracing support? It seems they even sit in similar power envelopes?
It's more like an improved 2080 SUPER.

It's more like an improved 2080 SUPER.
Seems like a good value too, when you can find one.
Following the EVGA que's, they seem to be moving a decent amount so worth signing up for that if looking for one.
Others are taking a while tho, my 3080 signup is over 2 months old now, but yeah...2020 and all that..

Seems like a good value too, when you can find one.
Following the EVGA que's, they seem to be moving a decent amount so worth signing up for that if looking for one.
Others are taking a while tho, my 3080 signup is over 2 months old now, but yeah...2020 and all that..
I'm in the queue for a 3090 FTW3 Hybrid. I figure 3080 Ti news should be out before my place in it comes up :(.

I’ve been queued for a 3070 since release. Queued for a 3060 on release day too and will see if that goes any faster. I could use both cards, but I’m done holding my breath on anything.

I'm in the queue for a 3090 FTW3 Hybrid. I figure 3080 Ti news should be out before my place in it comes up :(.
I’ve been queued for a 3070 since release. Queued for a 3060 on release day too and will see if that goes any faster. I could use both cards, but I’m done holding my breath on anything.
Not much to be done right?

Also, in the times we live and seeing what some ppl have to go thru I really can't get to worried about the lack of a GPU.
Just about anything that manages to frustrate me these days is minimized with some self reflection and keeping my priorities straight...

I did the same.. Now I'm queued for 6 different cards from them, with little to no hope of a notification. You gotta be in it to win it though, so here's to nothing!

Become a Patron!
Back