NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti FE Overclocking

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
banner.png

Introduction

On December 1st, NVIDIA continued launching its line of GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs/video cards.  The new GeForce RTX 3060 Ti launched with an MSRP of $399 appealing to the masses.  The GeForce RTX 3060 Ti replaces the previous generation GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER which was also launched at $399 MSRP in 2019.  NVIDIA launched the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti stating that even though it was just $399 it had the performance to take on the more expensive last generation $699 GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER video card.In our launch review we dove into GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition performance comparing it with GeForce...

Continue reading...

Thank you Brent for the review! Beast of a card for $400. If and when these become available, it's something I wouldn't hesitate putting into my kids machines at all. Sell their 1080's and put these in. Easy Peasy..

Great review, great card and value as well.
Like everything else tho, the $399 FE is hard to find.

EVGA has a two fan XC 3060Ti for $409, Also hard to find but you can que for it if youre the patient type..

Good writeup. I still like the graphs, and this is the first I've noticed the Table of Contents - which I love.

My only hangup is that the overclock is compared entirely to previous generation cards, and not to the next card up in the stack: the 3070, or any of the 6000 gen AMD cards. It's great to see how the card compares if you have a previous gen card and are looking to upgrade, but if your looking to buy, you'd want to see how it compares to what's on the market now as it's competition.

The question I had when I saw the review was "So how close does OCing bring it to a 3070?"... and I'm still wondering after reading the review.

This is not being written very emphatically, since availability is so low on any of them that it's ridiculous. So yeah, none of those cards I discuss are really on the market... so this is just weak criticism meant to be taken as good natured feedback.

Good writeup. I still like the graphs, and this is the first I've noticed the Table of Contents - which I love.

My only hangup is that the overclock is compared entirely to previous generation cards, and not to the next card up in the stack: the 3070, or any of the 6000 gen AMD cards. It's great to see how the card compares if you have a previous gen card and are looking to upgrade, but if your looking to buy, you'd want to see how it compares to what's on the market now as it's competition.

The question I had when I saw the review was "So how close does OCing bring it to a 3070?"... and I'm still wondering after reading the review.

This is not being written very emphatically, since availability is so low on any of them that it's ridiculous. So yeah, none of those cards I discuss are really on the market... so this is just weak criticism meant to be taken as good natured feedback.

The goal with this article is to have a baseline of what to expect with the "stock" GPU and to hopefully pull in folks organically that are looking to overclock their card and to give us a frame of reference when looking at AIB cards to see how they do relative to the "stock" experience.

For the comparison to the 3070, the next review up will be a AIB 3060 Ti that we will compare to the 3070 to see how close it can get.

But it's $400 vs $580 basically if you compare to the 6800's...
Comparing to 3070 tho, that would make sense.

EVGA has a two fan XC 3060Ti for $409, Also hard to find but you can que for it if youre the patient type..

I remember you had mentioned a queue tracker on reddit. I went and looked just for S&G. I had signed up in the EVGA queue at 11am the day of release, so roughly... 5 hours in?

Now, first to realize is this tracker is a voluntary thing, so it's not the real queue. But I'm making some inferences, again, just for S&Gs

I'm at like #650 in the queue. According to the Queue tracker, they a have issued notices to about 70 people since 12/1. So If I extrapolate... it took about 14 days to get to 70 spots, or about 5 spots/day. At #650, unless there is a massive uptick in production, or a lot of people drop out or don't accept their order, or just wonkiness with the sample size on the tracker, I should see my order pop up ... around the end of April.

I think Auer is absolutely correct - the only thing to really do is be patient and game on.

But it's $400 vs $580 basically if you compare to the 6800's...
Comparing to 3070 tho, that would make sense.
Well, it's all imaginary at this point, since they all are only available at ridiculously inflated prices. Your right, 6800 would be a stretch, but AMD doesn't really have anything in this ballpark yet - there's a big gulf between the 5700XT and 6800, but I expect that will get filled (at least on paper) soon. It might be a valid comparison based on Raytracing though.

Remember, we are fond of follow-up articles, and special "vs." articles, and other unique comparison articles that have specific comparisons and goals.

This means it is possible we will take these cards, and do further evaluation and comparison articles with them. The launch review, or OC review, are not necessarily the end all be all to the coverage of these video cards.

In other words, as we have time, you can expect more articles with specific comparisons.

Previous to even doing the OC article we discussed doing a follow-up when possible with 6800 and 3070.

We have a lot on the plate right now, plenty of GPU reviews lined up, so we will make those comparisons when we can, we do understand the importance of it.

You can also look forward to our custom AIB card reviews to have relevant comparisons. As David stated, we have a highly overclockable AIB 3060 Ti with the 3070 in there for comparison review in the works.

As always, stay tuned to the site and check back every week to see what we have up.

While I'm aiming for a 3070, I might consider the RTX3060Ti if I can find it first.

Become a Patron!
Back