EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
banner1.png

Introduction

We finally got our hands on a retail, custom, add-in-board partner-built video card based on NVIDIA’s new GeForce RTX 3080 GPU. These video cards have been scarce, to say the least, with availability issues not able to meet demand. In fact, the video card we have in hand today was purchased by one of our very own readers who let us kindly borrow his video card to allow us to do this review today.

A big thanks to northrop on our forums for allowing us to enjoy your video card first. Can you imagine spending all that money on a video card and then letting someone else use it first? We greatly appreciate that, and he even let us go nuts on the overclock, so we did with this beast.

NVIDIA launched the
Continue reading...

Looks like a beastly GPU. I'm actually in the queue for one of these with EVGA... Oct 6 2020 @ 1030AM (iirc). Thought that was pretty good, but then checked the queue and they're still in September (at least according to a user made spreadsheet from reddit). :-/

Looks like a beastly GPU. I'm actually in the queue for one of these with EVGA... Oct 6 2020 @ 1030AM (iirc). Thought that was pretty good, but then checked the queue and they're still in September (at least according to a user made spreadsheet from reddit). :-/
How can they tell where a person is in the Q? Unless the info comes from the manufacturer, I wouldn't trust it..

As a review it was great as I would come to expect from Brent. Thank you for another great job done!

The card is a beast, and one of these days I'll be able to get my hands on one. One of these days...

How can they tell where a person is in the Q? Unless the info comes from the manufacturer, I wouldn't trust it..

The database relies on users volunteering to key in their information. I'm sure it's not super accurate (trolls gonna troll), but should give a 'ballpark' idea of where one's at.

A bit off topic, but if you're interested in a EVGA Hybrid 3080 - keep an eye on their product page. Rumor is that it's going to go up for 'notify' status soon (I heard the 10th) and if you can get in there quick to be notified, you should place favourably on that product queue.

There's a few ppl that have kept track as people post when they get notified.
Somewhat accurate it seems.
I'm 9/16 myself so it's slow going. But no biggie, I can play anything I care for right now well enough on the 2070 :)

Glad to finally see this review up :D

The database relies on users volunteering to key in their information. I'm sure it's not super accurate (trolls gonna troll), but should give a 'ballpark' idea of where one's at.

A bit off topic, but if you're interested in a EVGA Hybrid 3080 - keep an eye on their product page. Rumor is that it's going to go up for 'notify' status soon (I heard the 10th) and if you can get in there quick to be notified, you should place favourably on that product queue.
I'm almost certain that scalpers have edited their bots to sign up for notifications now... so I'm afraid this won't help much, but I hope to be wrong.

It was approximately 6 weeks wait for me. Signed up on the release date (9/17 around 10am), and was able to purchase at the end of October.

Glad to finally see this review up :D

I'm almost certain that scalpers have edited their bots to sign up for notifications now... so I'm afraid this won't help much, but I hope to be wrong.

It was approximately 6 weeks wait for me. Signed up on the release date (9/17 around 10am), and was able to purchase at the end of October.
It is also very model dependant. Some SKU's ques are hardly moving at all.

Yup.
I queued up for a plain old XC3, as far as I can tell very few have been sold.
Im waiting in mid October....LoL.
I may get one in Feburary if Im lucky.
But hey....maybe Cyberpunk will be patched up by then.......

Seriously,might as well be reviewing smoke.....

Nice review. Out of my price range, not that you can buy one anywhere anyway, but one can dream. I would probably need a new power supply too, mine isn't so great.

Steller review Brent. Any RTX 3090 reviews upcoming?

Yes - I think there's now 4 in various stages of the pipeline right now (most being "not started").
Great! Take your time and do the normal extraordinary type coverage here. I am getting an EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra next week which after further study looks like an anemic option for 3090s if one is going for an OC type card yet still costing more than a FE. Will put in my input once I get it and run it around the block a few times.

Great! Take your time and do the normal extraordinary type coverage here. I am getting an EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra next week which after further study looks like an anemic option for 3090s if one is going for an OC type card yet still costing more than a FE. Will put in my input once I get it and run it around the block a few times.

I've got a 1/4-1/5-ish ETA on a 3090 XC3 Ultra :)

Become a Patron!
Back