Death Stranding

Auer

FPS Regular
Just picked this up on Steam.

This is different. And looks great. Really great.
Only 3hrs in so lots to do and see still.
Slow paced, lots of cutscenes. Confusing and cool story.
Keep an open mind, and just follow along, wander about and deliver stuff.
And try not to die.

Runs great at "Very High" settings with "Quality" DLSS, 4k60fps with a RTX2070/Ryzen 2700/32Gb RAM/SSD.

Some screens:

I was thinking about getting this game when I had nothing else on the table, but I dodged that bullet. I'm pretty sure I'd get extremely mad at it in the first 10 seconds.

I was thinking about getting this game when I had nothing else on the table, but I dodged that bullet. I'm pretty sure I'd get extremely mad at it in the first 10 seconds.
I could see that happening to people.
I found that in my case it is becoming captivating. I can appreciate the effort and artistry that went in to this.

I could see that happening to people.
I found that in my case it is becoming captivating. I can appreciate the effort and artistry that went in to this.
Hideo Kojima is a game producer who wants to be a film director.

He thinks that different automatically means better. He erected a cult of personality around himself, it's unhealthy. You rarely hear people talking about a game's producer. Except in his case. I mean does anyone even know who is the producer of say Halo, or Mass Effect, HZD etc? I have no clue about Halo, and there were a bunch of people in charge of Mass Effect it's not a one man band. And that's how it should be.

Possibly, In this case tho I have no problem with that.

The game is a good and rather beautiful experience. Needs a bit of an open mind tho, and to have no expectations helps a lot.

I enjoyed the pace of the game. It's obvious that it was intentionally slow, and yeah, that does come across as a film director type thing, but honestly, just like in films where that can work (or not!), it works for Death Stranding.

And that's probably the main warning anyone should give with it: it's slow. And that's a good thing, unless slow is just something you don't do!

I enjoyed the pace of the game. It's obvious that it was intentionally slow, and yeah, that does come across as a film director type thing, but honestly, just like in films where that can work (or not!), it works for Death Stranding.

And that's probably the main warning anyone should give with it: it's slow. And that's a good thing, unless slow is just something you don't do!
Well, in MGSV, I was pulling my hair out and screaming at the screen to please make it stop already. And the worst was still yet to come.

Well, in MGSV, I was pulling my hair out and screaming at the screen to please make it stop already. And the worst was still yet to come.
I can't say I ever reacted that strongly to a video game lol

Become a Patron!
Back