ASUS Announces ROG Swift PG32UQ Monitor (4K, 144 Hz, HDMI 2.1)

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-rog-swift-pg32uq-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

ASUS has announced the world’s first 32-inch HDMI 2.1 gaming monitor, the ROG Swift PG32UQ. This is a 4K (3840 x 2160) IPS display capable of refresh rates of up to 144 Hz and a moving picture response time (MPRT) of 1 ms. The ROG Swift PG32UQ also covers 98 percent of the cinematic DCI-P3 color space and is DisplayHDR 600 certified for true, high-contrast HDR and higher peak brightness.

“It has two HDMI 2.1 ports to support up to 4K visuals at up to 120 Hz on the latest gaming consoles,” ASUS noted. “It also has Display Stream Compression (DSC) technology, a compression standard for transporting ultra-high definition video streams across a single interface at high speed with no perceptible loss of visual quality. It allows PG32UQ to support up to 4K 144 Hz...

Continue reading...

Looks interesting, but may need to donate some excess body parts to be able to afford it.

Looks interesting, but may need to donate some excess body parts to be able to afford it.
This isn't the UQX, which is expected to be $3,000+ USD. The UQX is still MIA despite now being two years after it was initially announced.

I wonder how on screen quality compares to my Asus XG438Q.

My XG438Q is brilliant in games, but I do way more work on this thing than I play games, and the font quality is quite honestly atrocious, no matter what settings you use.

I've been thinking about getting something else ever since I first got it. It has everything else that I want, but the terrible font quality on the desktop just kind of kills it for me.

I was thinking maybe one of the newer smaller LG OLED's might be what I get, but now my concerns about burn-in have been reignited, especially on the desktop with menu elements, etc.

The fallback choice would be something like this, but after my experience with the XG438Q, I'm going to have to be extremely cautious before I trust them again.

Become a Patron!
Back