Intel 11th Gen Core “Rocket Lake-S” and “Comet Lake-S Refresh” CPU Pricing Teased

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-core-new-logos-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

A Belgium retailer called 2Compute has shared the purported prices for Intel’s upcoming lineup of 11th Gen Core Rocket Lake-S and refreshed Comet Lake processors. While these prices are unlikely to be a match for their MSRPs in the States, they do give us a decent idea of how they might compare to Intel’s previous generation and AMD’s Ryzen 5000 Series. You can check them out in the tables below.

“2Compute sells the Core i9-10900K, Core i7-10700K and Core i5-10600K for $555, $398 and $282, respectively,” Tom’s Hardware noted in its coverage. “Therefore, the Core i9-11900K and Core i7-11700K could cost up to 8.8% and 14.3% more, respectively, while the Core i5-11600K may arrive with a 3.9% higher price tag.”

Intel 11th...

Continue reading...

I'm expecting a 20% price bump. Let's see what happens. Does intel make their cpus in the us?

I'm expecting a 20% price bump. Let's see what happens. Does intel make their cpus in the us?

I'm with Tom's on this one. I think there numbers are probably spot on for the increases.

I'm not sure about their recent ones, but my 3770K was made in Malaysia and I believe some were from Costa Rica.

I'm not sure about their recent ones, but my 3770K was made in Malaysia and I believe some were from Costa Rica.

I'm not entirely sure what products or parts of products are produced in specific factories. But Intel has fabs in Israel, Chandler Arizona, Oregon, Costa Rica, Malaysia, and the Philippines. However, I don't recall ever seeing an actual Intel CPU marked as having been produced anywhere but Costa Rica, Malaysia, or the Philippines at anytime in the companies history. (Minus the second source early CPU's produced by AMD.)

I'm not entirely sure what products or parts of products are produced in specific factories. But Intel has fabs in Israel, Chandler Arizona, Oregon, Costa Rica, Malaysia, and the Philippines. However, I don't recall ever seeing an actual Intel CPU marked as having been produced anywhere but Costa Rica, Malaysia, or the Philippines at anytime in the companies history. (Minus the second source early CPU's produced by AMD.)

That should save them on the 25% tariff then. That's a boon for Intel.

RCP on the 10900K in the US is $488-$499. Microcenter is currently selling it for $470. Most places have it for $520. If history has taught us anything it's that one should not be making pricing predictions for your locality based on one location. I expect the 11900K will retail for $500 in the US.

Become a Patron!
Back