System Shock Remake Pre-Orders and Final Demo Coming Next Month

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
system-shock-remake-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Nightdive Studios

Nightdive Studios has announced that its highly anticipated remake of LookingGlass’ 1994 sci-fi FPS, System Shock, will be available for pre-order on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store next month. February will also see the release of the game’s final demo, which should provide a better idea of how faithful Nightdive’s modern interpretation is to the original experience.

“[…] our final demo […] will include the medical level, cyberspace level, full dismemberment, all newly recorded voice lines, and a ton of additional features and polish,” Nightdive explained on its Kickstarter page.

“We will still improve on the experience as we get closer to launch so please check it out and share your feedback with us on Discord. The feedback we’ve received for the...

Continue reading...

Pre-order? I've been waiting for my copy since back when I put money into games on Kickstarter.

I never played the original system shock, when it came out I wasn't interested in the genre, and by the time that changed the game was too dated to be enjoyable. So I'm looking forward to this.

I never played the original system shock, when it came out I wasn't interested in the genre, and by the time that changed the game was too dated to be enjoyable. So I'm looking forward to this.

I never played the original, only the 2nd one and that one was already dated back when it was new, still was a decent game, but not very user friendly.

I'm not sure though that you can update the game in a way that it feels like the old one and still is fun to play by todays standards.

Become a Patron!
Back