Forever Entertainment to Develop Multiple Remakes Based on Square Enix IP

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
square-enix-forever-entertainment-sa-logos-1024x576.jpg
Image: Square Enix/Forever Entertainment

Forever Entertainment has won the privilege of creating several game remakes based on an undisclosed intellectual property owned by Japanese RPG giant Square Enix. The Poland-based publisher confirmed the collaboration in a press release uploaded today, which noted that the remasters would feature updated visuals but remain faithful to their counterparts. Forever Entertainment will receive more than 50 percent of the revenue earned from these titles.

“The purpose of the contract is to create and release several game remakes based on one IP owned by Square Enix Japan,” a machine translation of the press release reads. “The name of this IP will be made public in a separate report once the global marketing campaign begins. Remakes of all games will...

Continue reading...

S/E has a big library to pull from... I'm hoping they don't F it up.

The caveat here is... only one IP - and the clue is that it has several games to remake in that IP. Any bets as to which it is?

I don't think they would hand Final Fantasy over to an outside developer. I would think Deus Ex would be prime for some remakes, but there just aren't that many titles in the series. Tomb Raider would be another one, but it's another of those precious IPs I don't think S/E would hand off to just anyone. Kingdom Hearts just got a PC release.

My bet is on Dragon Quest.

I kind of want to put my money on the Kingdom Hearts IP but.. BUT that is so tied to Disney I just don't see it happening.

On that it has to be an IP that Square Enix has real control over... and Final Fantasy is about it. Considering how long it took them to get ONE chapter of FF 7 out... I could see them licensing this out to someone with Square Enix having final approval.

Well I can't say I hope it is DeusEx. A noname Polish company doesn't seem like the right choice for that. And I don't really care about any other IP Enix has.

Not that I'd not want the old Tomb Raider games remade with modern graphics and controls, but that does not seem logical with the reboot franchise going already.

S/E has a big library to pull from... I'm hoping they don't F it up.

The caveat here is... only one IP - and the clue is that it has several games to remake in that IP. Any bets as to which it is?

I don't think they would hand Final Fantasy over to an outside developer. I would think Deus Ex would be prime for some remakes, but there just aren't that many titles in the series. Tomb Raider would be another one, but it's another of those precious IPs I don't think S/E would hand off to just anyone. Kingdom Hearts just got a PC release.

My bet is on Dragon Quest.

My first thought was a Parasite Eve remake, but I missed the 'several game remakes'. Unless there was something lost in translation, and the 'several game remakes' was a reference to the remakes being made for multiple systems (consoles, PC, mobile), then my original gut feeling of Parasite Eve stands.

But - yeah, I think Dragon Quest is the likely contender. The FF games have all seen re-release (even if these HD versions are not at the same level as the Panzer Dragoon remakes), and I can't really see SE eating its own releases that quickly.

With that said, having a beautifully remastered FF VI would be great (and help me forget that mobile-looking turd remake from a few years ago).

I kind of want to put my money on the Kingdom Hearts IP but.. BUT that is so tied to Disney I just don't see it happening.

On that it has to be an IP that Square Enix has real control over... and Final Fantasy is about it. Considering how long it took them to get ONE chapter of FF 7 out... I could see them licensing this out to someone with Square Enix having final approval.
Kingdom Hearts has already had remasters on every game in the series. It does not need a remake at all.
My first thought was a Parasite Eve remake, but I missed the 'several game remakes'. Unless there was something lost in translation, and the 'several game remakes' was a reference to the remakes being made for multiple systems (consoles, PC, mobile), then my original gut feeling of Parasite Eve stands.

But - yeah, I think Dragon Quest is the likely contender. The FF games have all seen re-release (even if these HD versions are not at the same level as the Panzer Dragoon remakes), and I can't really see SE eating its own releases that quickly.

With that said, having a beautifully remastered FF VI would be great (and help me forget that mobile-looking turd remake from a few years ago).
There are 3 games in the Parasite Eve series: Parasite Eve, Parasite Eve II, and The 3rd Birthday.

There are some games in the Dragon Quest series that still have not had localized English releases that I would like to see, though.

Only other franchise SE has that I think could use a modern remake is Front Mission.

Well I can't say I hope it is DeusEx. A noname Polish company doesn't seem like the right choice for that. And I don't really care about any other IP Enix has.

Not that I'd not want the old Tomb Raider games remade with modern graphics and controls, physics but that does not seem logical with the reboot franchise going already.

FTFY😁

Become a Patron!
Back