Mortal Kombat Director Claims Reboot Will Have “The Best Fights That Have Ever Been on Film”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
mortal-kombat-reboot-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

New Line’s upcoming reboot of NetherRealm Studios’ hit fighting game franchise, Mortal Kombat, will reportedly have the best fighting sequences that anyone has choreographed and shot on film. The hefty claim comes from Australian director (and relative newbie) Simon McQuoid, who explained to Collider during a set visit about how he had set an extremely high goal for Mortal Kombat’s stunt coordinator, Kyle Gardiner. Gardiner is best known for his work in comic book blockbusters such as Thor: Ragnarok, The Wolverine, and Aquaman.

“The fight team are incredible on this movie,” McQuoid boasted. “The first thing I said to Kyle, who is the stunt coordinator, he...

Continue reading...

But will they have flashlites that make "Whoosh" noises?

Really? I don't recall seeing Jackie Chan in the cast :D:D

Yea... that's 100% someone talking out of their ***. If the fight scenes are ALMOST as good as John Wick that will be a testament to choreography and hard work.

I gotta say I'm more of a Street fighter fan than MK. Probably because I sucked at it.

Movie wise MK all the way, except for anime. Capcom anime rocks :p :p

Become a Patron!
Back