Disney+ Reaches 100 Million Subscribers in Just 16 Months

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
disney-plus-logo-1024x538.jpg
Image: Disney

Disney has revealed that its relatively new streaming service, Disney+, has managed to surpass 100 million global paid subscribers in just 16 months since its launch in November 2019. The milestone was confirmed this week by Bob Chapek, Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company, who noted in a press release that the company would be investing even more money into producing high-quality content for the streaming service. Chapek estimates that Disney+ will be getting over a hundred new titles per year, which includes new shows under the popular Marvel and Star Wars banners.

“The enormous success of Disney+ —which has now surpassed 100 million subscribers—has inspired us to be even more ambitious, and to significantly increase our investment in the development of high-quality content,” Mr. Chapek...

Continue reading...

i'll just have to press extra doubt on that. Especially after #canceldisneyplus was trending recently.

i'll just have to press extra doubt on that. Especially after #canceldisneyplus was trending recently.

Well,

They are a publicly traded company, so they can't lie about that stuff, without potentially facing consequences.

I'm thinking the whole "#canceldisneyplus" was more noise than anything else.

Savvy viewers were going to finish watching the last season of the Mandalorian, and then cancel anyway, and then maybe reup when the next season starts.

Families with small kids are probably going to keep the subscription either way, because whether we like it or not, adults occasionally need a break, and plopping the rugrats down in front of Disney is a way to shut them up long enough to get a half an hour of peace and quiet.

Well,

They are a publicly traded company, so they can't lie about that stuff, without potentially facing consequences.

I'm thinking the whole "#canceldisneyplus" was more noise than anything else.

Savvy viewers were going to finish watching the last season of the Mandalorian, and then cancel anyway, and then maybe reup when the next season starts.

Families with small kids are probably going to keep the subscription either way, because whether we like it or not, adults occasionally need a break, and plopping the rugrats down in front of Disney is a way to shut them up long enough to get a half an hour of peace and quiet.
Yep on the last point. I’m still in the prepaid section of my Disney plus, but they would have to tremendously screw something up and more than double the cost to get me to cancel. My 4 year old gets to watch mini mouse as a reward, or when I need her to be calm when I really have to work. I can’t replace that value.

I have it, very little use, hence little value at this moment.
Also, im sick of superhero movies so Marvel stuff is not a positive for me. I was already sick of them pre pandemic, now I am not just sick of them, just thinking about them they feel like gaslighting for some reason.

Become a Patron!
Back