Intel’s First Discrete Iris Xe Desktop Graphics Card Only Works with Two Motherboards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-dg1-4g-iris-xe-graphics-card-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

Intel’s first Iris Xe desktop graphics card, the ASUS DG1-4G, only works with two motherboards. The GPU’s limited support has been confirmed by ASUS, which published a specifications sheet on its official site that only shows the ASUS PRIME H410M-A/CSM and Pro B460M-C/CSM under the compatible models section. Intel had previously warned that its first Iris Xe desktop graphics cards would be exclusive to pre-built systems.

“The Iris Xe discrete add-in card will be paired with 9th gen (Coffee Lake-S) and 10th gen (Comet Lake-S) Intel Core desktop processors and Intel(R) B460, H410, B365, and H310C chipset-based motherboards and sold as part of pre-built systems,” Intel wrote in a statement to Legit...

Continue reading...

Oy vey.
This shouldn't be the first showing for Intel, but it is.
The first showing should have been blowout value, at whatever point they compete, with widespread availability.
This crap should have been buried, horrible decision making.
Terrible first impression setting the tune for a difficult market and an even harder future because of it.
Having a blowout first impression (and even with that I would expect the move to be a failure initially in terms of money) would implant in everyones mind, something like oh yeah Intel is great in video, I mean it was low end but it was a great card, let me see the new offerings.. so on.
They are acting like a 2 bit company that found the one partner to use their product, and you know no one will buy, and that product will definitely die soon.
Not a good move for a multi billion dollar company with easy unlimited credit, and zero excuses.
Its more like a multi billion dollar coward.
Actions clearly reflect, no commitment, no faith.

" sold as part of pre-built systems "

So just an external IGPU :p

I wouldnt use this as an example of bad first impressions.
The "first impression" will come when you can actually buy a card by itself.

Alright, the last second chance next.

In that case neither Nvidia or amd have made a first impression either. ;)

Become a Patron!
Back