NVIDIA Considers GeForce RTX 30 Series Its Best Launch Ever

I'm sure they do. Who doesn't want to instantly sell out of their product and make lots of money?

That might be the case for the US, but here in Europe retailers already charge scalper prices. Unfortunately I don't know who takes most of the profits, the end retailer, the distributor, the importer, or nvidia, or it's all distributed evenly between them. Current price for a 3090: over $4000.
Not nvidia, that's for sure.

As far as I know the Samsung 8nm node that NVIDIA is on isn't being used by anybody else.
That brings up an interesting question: what is Samsung producing in their fabs? They're surely not idling them... are they?

I have half a mind to believe that Nvidia is working with them very closely to get their 'big-chip' manufacturing capabilities up to spec. Surely Samsung would prefer to have Nvidia place more orders, and just as surely Nvidia would like to actually have production volume that's even in the same order of magnitude as demand, right?

That brings up an interesting question: what is Samsung producing in their fabs? They're surely not idling them... are they?
A lot of their own dog food, I'm sure.

They have their own ARM lineup in their phones, TVs, etc. That's a LOT of chips right there.

I have half a mind to believe that Nvidia is working with them very closely to get their 'big-chip' manufacturing capabilities up to spec. Surely Samsung would prefer to have Nvidia place more orders, and just as surely Nvidia would like to actually have production volume that's even in the same order of magnitude as demand, right?
I know Samsung supplies a SoC called Exynos for their own phones and some of Apple's. It's built on a separate low power 8nm node. The node NVIDIA uses is unique, though. They also have their DRAM and V-NAND fabs. Samsung is #2 to TSMC, I'm just not very knowledgeable about everything they produce.

I know Samsung supplies a SoC called Exynos for their own phones and some of Apple's. It's built on a separate low power 8nm node. The node NVIDIA uses is unique, though. They also have their DRAM and V-NAND fabs. Samsung is #2 to TSMC, I'm just not very knowledgeable about everything they produce.

Could be because samsung makes everything from tanks to tvs.

Oh, I'd love a Samsung tank. I'm checking Carvana now.
YES!

Rush hour traffic - bring it on

CarCrush2.jpg

Well, just going to see if I can get approved for a loan on a slightly used K9 Thunder.

Only used for training purposes on Sunday by a little ol lady

You can do a flex payment plan over the next thirty months, and if you trade in your older tank in good working order you can get a 5 million dollar discount spread over the same 30 month period.

You can do a flex payment plan over the next thirty months, and if you trade in your older tank in good working order you can get a 5 million dollar discount spread over the same 30 month period.
Apparently if you order them in bulk, you can get them down to $3.1MM

Become a Patron!
Back