Warner Bros. Releases First Seven Minutes of Mortal Kombat

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
mortal-kombat-scorpion-sub-zero-halved-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. has released an extensive peek at Australian commercial filmmaker Simon McQuoid’s cinematic take on NetherRealm Studios’ iconic fighting game franchise, Mortal Kombat. Comprising seven minutes of footage, the clip traces the early history and rivalry between two of the series’ most popular characters, Scorpion and Sub-Zero, and why they’ll be at each other throat’s throughout the film. Mortal Kombat will be released in theaters and streaming on HBO Max this Friday.

In Mortal Kombat, MMA fighter Cole Young, accustomed to taking a beating for money, is unaware of his heritage—or why Outworld’s Emperor Shang Tsung has sent his best warrior, Sub-Zero, an otherworldly Cryomancer, to hunt Cole down. […] Cole trains with experienced warriors Liu Kang, Kung Lao and rogue mercenary Kano, as he prepares to stand with Earth’s...

Continue reading...

After watching the first 7 minutes... I'm in. Looking forward to this one..

I'm hoping this one is decent. I like the trailers so far. I guess I will find out this weekend.

Well, it's supposed to be a rain day, so I should be able to go back home to KC this morning.

We will find out what we have.

I just finished watching this. Some of the wire-foo effects are a bit weird and the acting is not great in places. However, for the most part its enjoyable. The story is a bit more convoluted than it needs to be, although they did one thing cool which was to explain why the Earth Realm fighters get super powers. It's a fun sort of popcorn movie. Nothing more, nothing less.

I just finished watching this. Some of the wire-foo effects are a bit weird and the acting is not great in places. However, for the most part its enjoyable. The story is a bit more convoluted than it needs to be, although they did one thing cool which was to explain why the Earth Realm fighters get super powers. It's a fun sort of popcorn movie. Nothing more, nothing less.
The "explanation" in how Earthrealm fighters gain power was the dumbest piece of narrative in the entire movie.

Become a Patron!
Back