AMD Reportedly Launching “Zen 4” Ryzen 6000 Series Desktop Processors in Q4 2022

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-ryzen-logo-lava-cracks-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD will launch the successors to its Ryzen 5000 Series desktop processors by the end of next year. This is according to a rumor shared by @sepeuwmjh, who previously leaked a portion of red team’s roadmap and believes that the first Zen 4-based desktop CPUs will be released in Q4 2022. Code named “Raphael,” AMD’s Ryzen 6000 Series will leverage TSMC’s 5 nm process technology for what is rumored to be substantial IPC gains in the region of 29 percent. These CPUs are also expected to feature an integrated Navi2 GPU.

ZEN4 Raphaelannounce 2022 9~10?launch 2022 10~11?All I know is about this time— vegeta (@sepeuwmjh) May 3, 2021

pic.twitter.com/WQtxYdsnY0— vegeta (@sepeuwmjh)...

Continue reading...

Darn! I was expecting these sometime near the beginning of 2022. Kind of strange for AMD not to have a new release for more than two years.

Darn! I was expecting these sometime near the beginning of 2022. Kind of strange for AMD not to have a new release for more than two years.
Zen 3 Q4 2020, zen 4 Q4 2022 is unlikely to end up more than 2 years - probably more like 22 months.

they still have to release zen 3 threadripper too, so expect that as a release inbetween.

Yeah Zen 4 is cool and all, but where the heck is Zen 3 Threadripper? Or for that matter, where the heck is Zen 3 period? Cuz you can't find those f*ckers for sale anywhere. Well, on eBay you can...

Probably need that time to build up stock. I'm still working on scoring a 4650g, 4750g, 4700g without going pigeon toed.

Yeah Zen 4 is cool and all, but where the heck is Zen 3 Threadripper? Or for that matter, where the heck is Zen 3 period? Cuz you can't find those f*ckers for sale anywhere. Well, on eBay you can...
I’ve had drastically more luck with Zen 3 than a 3080 - have gotten 2 5950s from microcenter. Have gotten squat 3080 wise both from microcenter and from the shuffle.

Become a Patron!
Back