screen flickering

Denpepe

FPS Regular
So while I'm still on the hunt for a new screen, I do have an issue which I want to sort out as it is kind of annoying me, I have these random screen flickers on occasion which I'm not sure where they originate from, if the monitor is on the way out, obviously the new one should fix it but I would rather be sure first. I made a video recording of it, you can see it happen near the end of the video, when there is about 10 seconds left in the game

So far I have nuked the drivers a couple time with DDU and changed the DP cable to a new one (supposedly 8k capable one) to no avail.

From what I'm seeing it's possible it's some of the lcd drivers in the monitor itself. I don't think it's cable or software related. Are you overclocking the refresh-rate on the monitor at all?

I would replace the hdmi (or whichever you are using) cable. $10 or less for pretty much whatever type you need on Amz

From what I'm seeing it's possible it's some of the lcd drivers in the monitor itself. I don't think it's cable or software related. Are you overclocking the refresh-rate on the monitor at all?

No, running at the standard 144hz

I would replace the hdmi (or whichever you are using) cable. $10 or less for pretty much whatever type you need on Amz

I put in my message I already got a new display port cable

For ****s and giggles, change the refresh rate to something like 90 or 75 and see if it still happens?

Playing for 15 min on 85 hz so far I did not notice, but that is not uncommon will try some more later? any idea as to what the cause might be?

Playing for 15 min on 85 hz so far I did not notice, but that is not uncommon will try some more later? any idea as to what the cause might be?
What I'm thinking is that the monitor isn't capable of the 144hz its supposed to be rated for. I've seen that flicker when I've overclocked a panel, thus why I suggested running the panel at lower refresh rates.

What I'm thinking is that the monitor isn't capable of the 144hz its supposed to be rated for. I've seen that flicker when I've overclocked a panel, thus why I suggested running the panel at lower refresh rates.

Well it worked fine for the last 5+ years, it might realy be on it's way out then, that's unfortunate, still will do some more testing.

My wife’s computer started doing this and it was the GPU on the way out.

Could be a lot of things tho - the cable was the easiest and probably most likely culprit though.

So while I'm still on the hunt for a new screen, I do have an issue which I want to sort out as it is kind of annoying me, I have these random screen flickers on occasion which I'm not sure where they originate from, if the monitor is on the way out, obviously the new one should fix it but I would rather be sure first. I made a video recording of it, you can see it happen near the end of the video, when there is about 10 seconds left in the game

So far I have nuked the drivers a couple time with DDU and changed the DP cable to a new one (supposedly 8k capable one) to no avail.
dam that is one terrible looking display from an nvidia card....look into rma for time being before it goes out totally

dam that is one terrible looking display from an nvidia card....look into rma for time being before it goes out totally

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean the screen, that one is out of warranty since 2018 orso.

Starting to think it might be the GPU, I put my backup pc on the monitor, and played a good while without seeing any flickers, put the main pc back and it's back, now I'm not 100% sure as it is intermittent.

Also tried the 2nd dp port on the GPU this time, that did not help obviously.

Starting to think it might be the GPU, I put my backup pc on the monitor, and played a good while without seeing any flickers, put the main pc back and it's back, now I'm not 100% sure as it is intermittent.

Also tried the 2nd dp port on the GPU this time, that did not help obviously.
That's not good if it is the GPU... Now is not the time for these kinds of failures :(

Hmmm, time for a thorough clean and repaste for the GPU? OP didn't mention so hopefully not an onboard?

Card has been checked by Asus who could not replicate the error, shop also did a check and could not replicate, card is back in my pc hopefully in ghood working order.

Also have a new main screen as per the other thread to we will see how it goes.

Was happy I kept my RTX 2080 as backup even though it was a bit light for ultrawide 1440p

Become a Patron!
Back