Suggestion: Post Tech News in the Forum Relevant Categories

Snowy

Slightly less n00b
My suggestion is to get rid of the "Tech News" forum category, and instead post all tech news in its relevant category. (E.g. https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/06/04/amd-fidelityfx-super-resolution-coming-to-xbox-series-xs/ would be posted to the Video Cards section, https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/06/04/bioshock-4-could-be-a-timed-exclusive-for-playstation/ would be posted to the Console Gaming section, etc.)

The reason for this suggestion is it would drive more users to more spaces on the forums. Judging just by the thread/post counts right now, users have almost no reason to go to any other forum section other then the Tech News section. By fanning out where tech news is posted, it will encourage use of more forum sections and give a better appearance of higher levels of activity to those considering joining the forum. (E.g. Who wants to join a forum where the most recent post in the CPU section is from May 15th, even though that is NOT the most recent CPU discussion... they are all just located in a different category.)

Additionally, for those that might argue this is inconvenient to how things are set up now.... Well, if you still just want a list of news, visit the homepage. I think spacing out the Tech News into multiple sections would drive an increase of total time spent on the website and the forums.

Thanks

I thought it might be in it's own category so they could auto-populate the front page from it. It would be harder to link those items to the front page if they are scattered through out.

Although you have a good point - maybe mirroring the thread or leaving the one in the tech form as a locked stub and duplicating it to the appropriate forum, idk.

I thought it might be in it's own category so they could auto-populate the front page from it. It would be harder to link those items to the front page if they are scattered through out.

Although you have a good point - maybe mirroring the thread or leaving the one in the tech form as a locked stub and duplicating it to the appropriate forum, idk.
Yes, that is a good suggestion. There is also the issue of moving a large number of threads to their appropriate location, but I think these are very solvable problems... Should be fairly easy to do with some forum software/scripting.

Become a Patron!
Back