All Windows 11 Laptops Will Require Front-Facing Webcams by 2023

Unless it breaks, then you are in a world of trouble. And they break more often than other products, so it's not a question of if, but when.
Apple computers have always been the most reliable and longlived computer gear I owned.
No exceptions.
Most photogrphers/designers I know end up retiring their macs because of software compability, not because they break down.

Unless it breaks, then you are in a world of trouble. And they break more often than other products, so it's not a question of if, but when.
Have to say my experience has been 180 on that

Apple computers have always been the most reliable and longlived computer gear I owned.
No exceptions.
Most photogrphers/designers I know end up retiring their macs because of software compability, not because they break down.
Wait, we were talking about laptops, not computers. Those might be just overpriced I dunno, nobody is crazy or rich enough around me to buy one.

Have to say my experience has been 180 on that
That's what everybody says whose didn't break yet. When it does, well they'll offer to replace the MB for 20% less than what a new one costs. Which is strategic, they don't want to repair macbooks, they want to sell more of them, preferably at least every 2 years to everyone. Of course if you sign up to that cycle buying a new one every 2 years at the latest you'll be "happy", as the problems start when you are out of warranty.

That's what everybody says whose didn't break yet. When it does, well they'll offer to replace the MB for 20% less than what a new one costs. Which is strategic, they don't want to repair macbooks, they want to sell more of them, preferably at least every 2 years to everyone. Of course if you sign up to that cycle buying a new one every 2 years at the latest you'll be "happy", as the problems start when you are out of warranty.
I've owned ... 5 iPhones, 3 iPads, 5 MBPs, 3 iMacs, 8 Mac Minis, and 1 Pro Desktop.

Out of that...
My MBP Titanium edition cracked a screen hinge after 7 years: Apple didn't have the part in stock any longer, but fabricated a new one from Aluminum for the laptop.
I had one MBP where the battery started swelling - after 8 years. I recycled that unit.
I had 1 iPhone that got a free battery replacement and needed a screen repaired. That was performed at a Best Buy authorized center free of charge same day.

I have a Purple iMac (2nd gen) that still runs fine. That Titanium Macbook still runs. I've got several Intel Core (not duo) Mac Minis that still run. I've had nothing but great luck with Apple hardware, and my experience with the repair team, on the very rare occasion I've needed to use it, has been excellent.

So I'd say I've given the hardware plenty of time to break.

Now, Dell, on the other hand....

Wait, we were talking about laptops, not computers. Those might be just overpriced I dunno, nobody is crazy or rich enough around me to buy one.
Actually I have yet to see one fail, my wife has gone thru a few since the white Ibook G3.
She's on a Lenovo Carbon X something now, but probabnly will return to Apple next time.
Still uses a Ipad and just recently upgraded her Iphone 6 to a SE.
As I said earlier, Apple stuff gets retired because it becomes obsolote lol.

Actually I have yet to see one fail, my wife has gone thru a few since the white Ibook G3.
She's on a Lenovo Carbon X something now, but probabnly will return to Apple next time.
Still uses a Ipad and just recently upgraded her Iphone 6 to a SE.
As I said earlier, Apple stuff gets retired because it becomes obsolote lol.
Yup.

You can fault Apple for a lot of things - overpriced, non-customizable, walled garden, lack of compatibility, or just plain old being Apple. And especially their lack of repairability - that is valid.

But their hardware and build quality are top notch, and AppleCare and Service is consistently at or near the top if you need it.

I have a 1st gen and a 3rd gen iPod Touch's that I still use daily. Apples hardware has always been decent, software...... yeesh

I had Samsungs for a while (including the first Galaxy S!), then a few Pixels, and now an iPhone 12.

Thought it'd take a while to get used to, but given that I just wanted something designed to 'work', i.e. an appliance, the adjustment period was pretty short.

I have a 1st gen and a 3rd gen iPod Touch's that I still use daily. Apples hardware has always been decent, software...... yeesh
As many apple users as many opinions. I've heard the exact opposite from many. That they hate the overpriced underpowered and fragile hardware but they buy it for the software. I'm certainly not going to judge for myself, as I'd sooner buy a game from the epic store as to buy an apple product.

As many apple users as many opinions. I've heard the exact opposite from many. That they hate the overpriced underpowered and fragile hardware but they buy it for the software. I'm certainly not going to judge for myself, as I'd sooner buy a game from the epic store as to buy an apple product.
I can respect your opinion - it's informed and well put.

Become a Patron!
Back