MSI Announces Its First Silent Gaming PC Case

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
msi-mpg-quietude-100s-cant-hear-it-coming-1024x576.jpg

MSI has introduced its first silent gaming PC case, the MPG QUIETUDE 100S. A potential contender to cases offered by noise-conscious companies like Fractal and be quiet!, MSI’s MPG QUIETUDE 100S features a variety of noise dampening features and premium materials such as sound dampening foam and a fan speed control button that allows users to quickly switch between three stages of RPM (100, 70 and 0 percent) when desired. MSI’s MPG QUIETUDE 100S case also features the manufacturer’s new MEG SILENT GALE P12 fan, which leverages liquid-crystal polymer fan blades, a hydro-dynamic bearing, an anti-vibration fan gasket, and more to ensure quieter operation...

Continue reading...

Yawn... Looks like any other popular case. Gamers nexus will probably have a field day with this.

Yawn... Looks like any other popular case. Gamers nexus will probably have a field day with this.

Just glancing at the article, it looks decent. I need to see a real one rather than a rendering of it but from what I can see in the rendering, I'd probably take it over most cases but I wouldn't opt for it over a Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic or Dynamic XL.

Just glancing at the article, it looks decent. I need to see a real one rather than a rendering of it but from what I can see in the rendering, I'd probably take it over most cases but I wouldn't opt for it over a Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic or Dynamic XL.
I would not be surprised if it shared a manufacturing line with some other cases and just rebranded as MSI with some added bling. it looks so generic, why would I choose it over proven brands even if I was in the market for a generic uninnovative case?

I would not be surprised if it shared a manufacturing line with some other cases and just rebranded as MSI with some added bling. it looks so generic, why would I choose it over proven brands even if I was in the market for a generic uninnovative case?
For the excellent warranty obviously

The only reason to choose it is if you happen to like the way it looks and there are no major downsides to it compared to another option. Or, if you are just some MSI fan boy.

Always nice to see more cases geared towards low noise.

I wouldn't opt for it over a Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic or Dynamic XL.

I still don't see the fascination with these cases. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I had the XL version and wasn't impressed. Ended up selling it.
The case on topic here looks good, but hopefully has decent air flow.

I still don't see the fascination with these cases. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I had the XL version and wasn't impressed. Ended up selling it.
The case on topic here looks good, but hopefully has decent air flow.

They are easy to build in and are reasonably well made and designed. I like the clean look of them as well.

They are easy to build in and are reasonably well made and designed. I like the clean look of them as well.
Basically this. Or at least, this is why I trucked over to Microcenter to buy my XL when Amazon both didn't have them in immediate stock and was selling for higher than Microcenter.

Basically this. Or at least, this is why I trucked over to Microcenter to buy my XL when Amazon both didn't have them in immediate stock and was selling for higher than Microcenter.

Plus, most of the cases I look at in stores are tacky as ****. They are often cheaply made trash as well.

Plus, most of the cases I look at in stores are tacky as ****. They are often cheaply made trash as well.
Pretty much. I mean, I can make just about anything work. Or nothing, if needed. I've yet to see what I'd consider a truly well-built case. I assume that such a product would just be too uneconomical to manufacture to ever see the light of day.

Pretty much. I mean, I can make just about anything work. Or nothing, if needed. I've yet to see what I'd consider a truly well-built case. I assume that such a product would just be too uneconomical to manufacture to ever see the light of day.

Oh, such things do exist but they are costly.

You guys should do more tests with the Seasonic case/power supply combo. I want to get that setup personally.

You guys should do more tests with the Seasonic case/power supply combo. I want to get that setup personally.
Those are pretty cool, if only they werent so big and came without the glass side panel.

I agree with you on that. I found the Asus GT 501 to be less tacky than most and built like a tank with good airflow.

I agree with you on that. I found the Asus GT 501 to be less tacky than most and built like a tank with good airflow.

I think they need to take about 20% of the tacky off of that one too. Specifically, the carry handles that date back to the early 2000's need to go. However, it is less awful than a lot of the designs I've seen out there.

I think they need to take about 20% of the tacky off of that one too. Specifically, the carry handles that date back to the early 2000's need to go. However, it is less awful than a lot of the designs I've seen out there.

I actually like the straps due to the case being heavy with everything installed. I'm always tinkering with my system so even though I thought about taking them off I remind myself why I haven't every time I have to move my system.

Become a Patron!
Back