AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT Introduction

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
amd_banner1-1-1024x199.png

Introduction

AMD is launching the Radeon RX 6600 XT today, though it has already been announced. The AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT was announced on July 29th at ChinaJoy 2021. The official press release reveals the specifications and pricing, the official MSRP is $379.

The trend seems to be, announce first, then launch hardware later. However, the availability of that hardware has been a problem in today’s crazy silicon...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Beyond our review, I also have more to say about the pricing, which will be published after the video card review tomorrow, August 11th. Stay tuned to the front page.

AMD give you Aug 11 for the drop? I noticed HUB already dropped their review about 30 minutes ago.

Pricing discussion is interesting, but only if real world prices are discussed. Please compare to AIB prices, Ebay sales, and / or new egg shuffle combo prices. I don't particularly care what the nvidia release MSRP was for a 3060 or a 3060ti, its going to actually cost around 550 for a 3060 and 750 for a 3060ti. Tech Report's review is saying to expect 6600XTs selling at the actual $380 MSRP. If that's actually, truely, the case, it's an incredible value compared to $550 for a 3060, $750 for a 3060ti, or $829 for a 6700XT..

****, almost twice the clockspeed of the 5600.

I do agree though, $100 higher MSRP is tough to swallow for the new "entry level" gaming card. It ~probably~ will have a decent speed bump, but you should always see a generational speed bump. The hard part is the huge increase in price, which as a % is pretty hefty, and will likely be even higher at street prices.

Can't wait to see tomorrows article though~

I do agree though, $100 higher MSRP is tough to swallow for the new "entry level" gaming card.
I'm not even sure what 'entry level' gaming means. I know what you mean by it, but given the breadth of games that can run on not a whole lot, I'm left wondering if it matters.

That and I can't really fault increases in MSRP when the cards themselves are retailing at two to three times that.

I'm not even sure what 'entry level' gaming means. I know what you mean by it, but given the breadth of games that can run on not a whole lot, I'm left wondering if it matters.

That and I can't really fault increases in MSRP when the cards themselves are retailing at two to three times that.
I would think entry level has now become the realm of the APU. A 5700G is going to handle all the esports, the old console ports, most of the back catalog, etc fine at 1080p. My old A10 7870k honestly played way more games completely acceptably than I would have ever expected.

Become a Patron!
Back