New Wipeout Game Announced, but There’s a Huge Catch

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
wipeout-rush-comic-landscape-1024x576.jpg
Image: Rogue Games

IGN has revealed that a new Wipeout game is in development by Rogue Games. This would normally be exciting news in that the popular futuristic anti-gravity racing series hasn’t received a new installment since 2017’s Wipeout Omega Collection, but there’s a huge catch.

Wipeout Rush, as the new installment is called, will only be available to play on iOS and Android devices when it launches in early 2022. While the trailer confirms that Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe is involved to some extent, Wipeout Rush, oddly enough, won’t be releasing on PlayStation consoles.

As indicated in the trailer, Wipeout Rush players can expect a new cel-shaded look rather than the type of traditional graphics seen in the older games. The trailer also reveals that the game will feature “unique card-based racing,” although it’s unclear how that works—there...

Continue reading...

I still play Omega edition every now and then, but I'm stuck at certain levels I cannot pass which sucks.

I would like a new one, but not this Borderlands cel shading style.

I still play Omega edition every now and then, but I'm stuck at certain levels I cannot pass which sucks.

I would like a new one, but not this Borderlands cel shading style.
And not phone only I'd imagine.

Nice kick to the nuts guys. I wanted a new main Wipeout game for PS5 (and hopefully PC), not this mobile crap. And yeah, I'm not feeling the cel-shading either. Wipeout HD+Fury and Omega Collection spoiled me graphically.

Become a Patron!
Back