Bethesda Releases an Exclusive Look at Starfield’s Main Setting, the Settled Systems

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
starfield-the-settled-systems-crashed-ship-concept-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Bethesda Game Studios

Bethesda has shared a new trailer for Starfield that includes concept art and other insight regarding the Settled Systems, a unique area of the solar system that serves as the highly anticipated RPG’s primary setting. Two of game’s core factions (the United Colonies and the Freestar Collective) are discussed, as well as human threats such as Ecliptic mercenaries, violent Spacers, and fanatical religious zealots of House Va’ruun. Players will explore the deepest reaches of the Settled Systems as the newest member of Constellation, an organization committed to uncovering the mysteries of the galaxy.

From Bethesda:

Explore the Settled Systems of Starfield with Bethesda Game Studios Design Director Emil Pagliarulo. Get some fresh details on Starfield’s unique setting and the factions that call it home. From...

Continue reading...

I have to wonder if this makes the folks at CIG nervous. This game is going to have gone from announced to published before their game even left Alpha.

I have to wonder if this makes the folks at CIG nervous. This game is going to have gone from announced to published before their game even left Alpha.
That's because Scam Citizen is a mismanaged cluster ****. When you have shareholders and bosses to be accountable to you can't just sell JPEGs for ridiculous amounts of money and deliver nothing.

The signs were there since about 2014, that Star Citizen / SQ42 will go nowhere. Who still believes that everything is fine at CIG and the game is on track to be the greatest ever is beyond hope at this point. It's not like one more reason will suddenly change their minds.

That said am I the only one who is unnerved by the fact that we only get concept art? I mean talk about star citizen...
The game is supposed to be out in roughly 1 year. They should have a feature ready build at this point if we are to have any hope of getting a stable game.

That said am I the only one who is unnerved by the fact that we only get concept art? I mean talk about star citizen...
The game is supposed to be out in roughly 1 year. They should have a feature ready build at this point if we are to have any hope of getting a stable game.
That is a fair question. Where is the game play?

I haven't heard anything new about SC in a few years now. Probably since Sq42. Apart from that it's the same old -- new ship for retarded amounts of money, more promised features with pushed deadlines, and perpetual alpha status.

I haven't heard anything new about SC in a few years now. Probably since Sq42. Apart from that it's the same old -- new ship for retarded amounts of money, more promised features with pushed deadlines, and perpetual alpha status.
Yea I'm in since 2013 but only check in at the website maybe quarterly when I see some thread that reminds me of it. I expect to one day at my funeral finally receive the collectors edition Tin and model of the constellation ship. lol.

Become a Patron!
Back