Intel Publishes List of Games That Don’t Work Properly on 12th Gen Core Processors

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-12th-gen-core-processor-bottom-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

Intel has shared a list of games that are screwed up (e.g., crashes or won’t load) on systems equipped with the company’s new 12th Gen Core processors due to DRM software issues. They include some pretty new and noteworthy titles, such as Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Windows 10/11), Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Windows 10), and Mortal Kombat 11 (Windows 10/11). Intel has promised that patches for the games in bold will be available in mid-November as part of a Windows OS update.

From Intel:

Certain third-party gaming Digital Rights Management (DRM) software may incorrectly recognize 12th Generation Intel Core Processors efficient-cores (E-cores) as another system. This prevents games implementing that DRM software from running successfully. Games may crash during launch or gameplay, or unexpectedly shut down.

Affected Games (Windows 11)...

Continue reading...

So scroll lock to disable/enable the little cores. Interesting.

So scroll lock to disable/enable the little cores. Interesting.
Between that and the ability to just turn them off in the BIOS, wonder if they won't get disabled on most systems anyway, or if they actually present some net benefit.

Between that and the ability to just turn them off in the BIOS, wonder if they won't get disabled on most systems anyway, or if they actually present some net benefit.
Looks like comparisons with then on and off need to be done.

That's rough. I actively play Ghost Recon Breakpoint when I can. I have Mortal Kombat 11, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Jedi Fallen Order. Aside from that, the list wouldn't effect me.

Not terribly worried. If Intel doesn't get it fixed in short order, it would be troublesome, but apart from that, it looks like just more early adopter problems.

Looks like the issue is mostly limited to EA and Ubisoft titles. Good thing I refuse to buy games from those companies. Nothing to worry about.

Not terribly worried. If Intel doesn't get it fixed in short order, it would be troublesome, but apart from that, it looks like just more early adopter problems.
Yea most early adopters are techies anyway and would solve this quickly. But. . Businesses should hold off on devices with these cpus until this gets fixed. Business users normally don't have proper access to flip a switch in the bios.

Yea most early adopters are techies anyway and would solve this quickly. But. . Businesses should hold off on devices with these cpus until this gets fixed. Business users normally don't have proper access to flip a switch in the bios.
Do businesses care about their users playing games?

Do businesses care about their users playing games?
Mo but busines users may have cad and other 3d programs that need similar.features or are based on similar enough api calls.

Mo but busines users may have cad and other 3d programs that need similar.features or are based on similar enough api calls.
Possible I suppose. I don't know of many CAD programs protected by Denuvo, but I do understand a lot of enterprise software have some ridiculous DRM associated with them.

Allen Bradley holds a particularly fond spot in my heart for requiring me to hunt down a blank, working floppy disk not too long ago.

Most businesses I know of are so risk adverse they are just now buying 10th gen Intel products, if that.

Become a Patron!
Back