DDR5 RAM Kits Are Selling for $1,099 to $2,500 Due to Shortages

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
corsair-dominator-rgb-platinum-rgb-ddr5-memory-angles-1024x576.jpg

Manufacturers such as MSI have warned that DDR5 memory will carry a premium as high as 50 to 60 percent, but even those numbers may have been an understatement. As spotted by PCMag, DDR5 RAM is now being listed with prices as high as $2,399 on auction sites such as eBay—an extreme markup over MSRP. They include Corsair’s Dominator Platinum RGB, which is normally sold for around $359.99.

Image: eBay

From PCMag:

A month ago, retailers began selling the next-generation memory for between $116 to $369, an already-pricey amount compared to DDR4 RAM. But now the products seem to be sold out everywhere, except for eBay, where DDR5 RAM...

Continue reading...

Gaming PC the 2022 edition (including monitor!), Entry level pc is 2500, mid range 3500 and top range starts at 4500... Tbh, feels like we been there already for while.
I'm hoping valves deck will bring me back to pc gaming. Seems I game less and less and when I do, I drink dos X ( blech!) And play in the console.

This was an issue that nobody expected and caught the market completely flat-footed. Oh wait.. no I mean everyone expected and is just more of the same.

Does this fall under logistics logjam, intentional malfeasance, or procurement/managerial incompetence on the bingo score card? Not sure which box I get to claim for this one.

Gaming PC the 2022 edition (including monitor!), Entry level pc is 2500, mid range 3500 and top range starts at 4500... Tbh, feels like we been there already for while.
I'm hoping valves deck will bring me back to pc gaming. Seems I game less and less and when I do, I drink dos X ( blech!) And play in the console.
Yeah, I think the days when you could build a really nice gaming rig for ~$1k are gone. If the NZXT Foundation rigs are anything of a harbinger, it looks like we'll be lucky to see "entry level" under $1k going forward.

Become a Patron!
Back