Reviewers and Writers Wanted

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
Potential Reviewers:
We're looking at growing the review team with 1-2 more folks that can do GPU and/or motherboard reviews for us. Please shoot me a message here in the forums or drop an email to David at the domain you think I'd be at if you're interested. These are paid (poorly) positions and there are turn around time expectations. This is not the gig for you if you're too busy with life, the universe and everything. Test bench equipment is provided, so you will not need to purchase anything to do this and you will get a 1099 for your efforts should you exceed IRS thresholds. US-based is needed for logistics purposes (let's just say UPS thinks we need our own sales rep).

Reviewer general expectations:
  • Has the availability to push out approx 2 reviews per month.
  • Can keep us updated on the status of the reviews, especially when there's confusion and delay (whether caused by the parts OR your life getting busy)
  • Can write well enough, take decent enough pictures of the product and utilize Excel based graph templates to make... graphs...

Potential Writers:
This is for an initiative to increase overall web search presence for us - if you like writing but don't think you have time to do the full reviews, this may be for you. This is also a paid (poorly) sort of thing. For this, we need various meta-reviews written. This will require taking two reviews that we've already done and more or less summarizing the data into a "versus" style article. You'll need to be able to use our graph templates and write well, but pictures are easy as you can swipe from the base article. I'd like to get a couple of these per week written (not necessarily by the same person).

Note - for those of you that always wanted to go to CES in person (or any other similar industry/press only conference), this is your ticket - have articles published with us and you can get a shiny media pass. At this point, we don't have the cash to pay for your travel expenses, but it's a possibility in the future.

Any interest in enterprise topics or is this all a focus on consumer/gaming related stuff?

I use both in my day to day and performance reviews of enterprise hardware are far and few between other than ltt it seems.

Man, I would.

This **** is right up my alley, but I tried newsposting at the [H] for a while, and while I got pretty good at it, between work and family responsibilities, I just couldn't keep it up.

Good luck finding some decent folks!

Man, I would.

This **** is right up my alley, but I tried newsposting at the [H] for a while, and while I got pretty good at it, between work and family responsibilities, I just couldn't keep it up.

Not gonna lie I'm in the DFW area and would be down to meet up and discuss/help/take on some tasks from time to time but I don't have the real level of time dedication needed in order to run with scissors on this.

I may be interested
Slide into my PM's or email?
Any interest in enterprise topics or is this all a focus on consumer/gaming related stuff?

I use both in my day to day and performance reviews of enterprise hardware are far and few between other than ltt it seems.
Servethehome is usually looking for reviewers in that department - find Patrick's quarterly letter to the audience for their details.

At this point, FPS will stay gaming enthusiast oriented. I'm not opposed to starting another site to cover a different area, but quite frankly, still figuring out how to get traffic where it needs to be here.

Man, I would.

For some of the meta review articles, a slower pace isn't a time sensitive sort of thing, nor do I have to tie up a grand of test bed equipment with you. Those could be interesting where you may have a unique opinion that you can bring to the specific comparison that would be of interest. Once we figure out the format, if you're interested in trying one out for funsies, I'm not opposed.

Not gonna lie I'm in the DFW area and would be down to meet up and discuss/help/take on some tasks from time to time but I don't have the real level of time dedication needed in order to run with scissors on this.

Then I suppose I'd need to fly out to DFW? (I'm in Atlanta).

Realistically, if you've got a full time job (that's actually full time) and a life, getting the reviews done is difficult, even at a slow pace. When I had a full time job that... Didn't require full time hours... Piping out GPU reviews was not so bad.

Is the writter position open outside the US?

I have a couple of articles that you may be interested in.

Is the writter position open outside the US?

I have a couple of articles that you may be interested in.
It does get significantly easier if there's no hardware shipping, though, payments could get entertaining....

Wait, so I won't be able to retire my full time job to write reviews? :(

Yeah I would love to but no way I have enough free time to do it.

Bitcoin? Etherium? Doge? Take your pick! F taxes.

You could try that route, and it may work for a while, but if you ever get caught, just because you are paying using Crypto doesn't make circumventing tax laws legal. :p

I would like to contribute, but I work at a car dealership so not much free time for me unfortunately.

Tough crowd. My PMs haven't lit up yet!

I had an idea for an article I could have written, but I didn't have the time. Now I do, but it is probably no longer relevant.

If I have any more ideas, I'll shoot you a message.

Become a Patron!
Back