NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Graphics Cards Might Be Easier to Find

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-key-visual-crop-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA fans who are interested in getting their hands on the company’s latest budget graphics card might actually be able to find one with relatively little fuss.

That’s according to a new rumor that originated on China’s Board Channels forums, which claims that NVIDIA is sending a larger stock of GeForce RTX 3050 graphics cards to its usual board partners. The rumor has been echoed by other Chinese publications such as IT Home; that report pointed out that the supply of GeForce RTX 3050 graphics cards should be greater than both the GeForce RTX 3060 and GeForce RTX 3060 Ti.

“It is understood that NV will strengthen the distribution of the first batch of goods for the upcoming release of the new RTX3050 series, that is, the first shipments of the RTX3050 series models may show more performance,” a statement from the source reads.

“That is...

Continue reading...

"I've got two lots of news for you" -Bob Ollinger, Young Guns 2

Tonight on Action News at 6! Manufactured products might be available for purchase. Maybe.

I mean, we are talking about a GPU that will (theoretically, based on clock and core counts) perform at about 70% of a 3060.

So, it should perform along the lines of a GTX 1660 Super, except with RTX (which will be useless due to its low grunt power) and DLSS which should be great, but only in select supported titles.

Remember now that the 1660 Super launched at $229 in 2019.

What's this RTX 3050 supposed to cost again? MSRP of $249 for something that performs like a 2019 entry to mid level card. I wonder what actual street price will be.

Availability may be there, but that's likely mostly due to lower demand due to poor performance and too high cost.

If I were in this market segment, I'd probably just get a used GTX 1070. It will likely perform better, be much cheaper, and I'd just deal with the lack of DLSS. RTX won't be useable on the 3050 anyway. I mean, it barely is on the 3060.

It's a weak card. Good for moderate minesweeper and Netflix.

Part of the GPU regression line. At least it isn't as nuetered as the 6500 from AMD.

As I was thinking earlier, bad news, horseshit for supper, good news is there is lots of it.

1080p gaming card that can push DLSS with some RT features seems like a good option if the price point can be hit.

A 2060 is currently 450-500+ so getting 1660 Super performance at 250 is a steal in the current market.

That said, even if AIBs hit the target, scalpers/miners are going to buy them all.

I mean, we are talking about a GPU that will (theoretically, based on clock and core counts) perform at about 70% of a 3060.

So, it should perform along the lines of a GTX 1660 Super, except with RTX (which will be useless due to its low grunt power) and DLSS which should be great, but only in select supported titles.

Remember now that the 1660 Super launched at $229 in 2019.

What's this RTX 3050 supposed to cost again? MSRP of $249 for something that performs like a 2019 entry to mid level card. I wonder what actual street price will be.

Availability may be there, but that's likely mostly due to lower demand due to poor performance and too high cost.

If I were in this market segment, I'd probably just get a used GTX 1070. It will likely perform better, be much cheaper, and I'd just deal with the lack of DLSS. RTX won't be useable on the 3050 anyway. I mean, it barely is on the 3060.
Of course, with the 1660 super you weren’t competing against miners to the same degree. A miner doesn’t care how it compares to old hardware at what old prices, they just care about MH / watt and the time taken to generate a profit. If it generates a profit under X time, they will just buy all of them.

Become a Patron!
Back