Windows 11 Media Player Gets Support for Audio CDs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
It appears that the recent coverage of audio CD sales growing for the first time since 2004 hasn't gone unnoticed by Microsoft, as the company has jumped at the chance to add CD playback to the Windows 11 version of its longstanding media app, Media Player.

Go to post

The biggest tell I think is that none of us even noticed it was missing

Not sure if that says more about the state of audio cds or Media Player though

The biggest tell I think is that none of us even noticed it was missing

Not sure if that says more about the state of audio cds or Media Player though
My excuse is that I use creative software to listen/rip CD's to my mp3 player for the last decade orso.

Not surprised there, my series X wont play DVD's or blu rays.
Wait, what? Did you mean series S (no drive?)

"The Xbox Series X can play game discs from the original Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. For movies, it can play DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, and Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs—you just need to download the Blu-ray Player app from the Store app on your Xbox Series X to be able to play those discs."

Wait, what? Did you mean series S (no drive?)

[/URL]

"The Xbox Series X can play game discs from the original Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. For movies, it can play DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, and Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs—you just need to download the Blu-ray Player app from the Store app on your Xbox Series X to be able to play those discs."
There seem to be a lot of people me included that can't play discs due to a HDCP error even though our hardware is compatible.

There seem to be a lot of people me included that can't play discs due to a HDCP error even though our hardware is compatible.

Handshake issue eh? Try a different cable? Also check the TV's HDCP port settings

Become a Patron!
Back