Overclocking NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction We recently reviewed the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition video card, testing gaming performance with DLSS and Ray Tracing. In that review, we compared its out-of-box performance with the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition and AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT. It allowed a very high 4K gaming experience, and a high 1440p […]

Go to post

Hello Brent, greetings from Spain.
I recently get myself a new system that includes the following components:
- RTX 3090 FE with new padding (extreme Odyssey) and Artic MX4 paste.
- I5 12600K
- DRR5 Corsair 5600Mhz 2x16 GB
-1000w Corsair 80 Plus Gold
- Msi Z690 A-Pro
-1Tb 980 Pro Samsung Nvme SSD
I want to OC my 3090 with MSI afterburner and i cannot understand completely your article.
I want to copy your OC setting on the afterburner, may you help me?
Just 114% Power limit, +140Mhz Core clock and +750 Mhz Memory clock is that right?
Thanks a lot love your work.

Yes - that should work, however, every card is different. You may have to adjust your core and memory clocks. @Brent_Justice also tests overclocks with fans at 100%, so you can switch over from Auto to Manual and set to 100% if you'd like.

I usually try to max out the core clock first (which will be in the +100 to +150 range), then raise the memory. Since GDDR6X has ECC, you won't crash right away - you'll see performance start to drop if you go too fast with it before it crashes.

Okei, i’ll try like that. I wanted to copy a know OC setup since i trust all the test that Brent has done. About the fans speed, a custom curve from 30% to 100% ( maxed out at 83 GPU degrees Celsius) will work?
Thanks for your reply.

Yes - that should work, however, every card is different. You may have to adjust your core and memory clocks. @Brent_Justice also tests overclocks with fans at 100%, so you can switch over from Auto to Manual and set to 100% if you'd like.

I usually try to max out the core clock first (which will be in the +100 to +150 range), then raise the memory. Since GDDR6X has ECC, you won't crash right away - you'll see performance start to drop if you go too fast with it before it crashes.
@Brent_Justice could you gimme a hand mate? Thnks 😊

Become a Patron!
Back