PlayStation Plus Collection Closes This May

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
PlayStation launched the PS Plus Collection on November 12, 2020, a collection of curated titles that PS Plus subscribers could download and play as part of the service's various benefits. Sony has now sent out an email explaining how the PS Plus Collection is closing and will no longer be available beginning May 9, although members can add any of the titles from the collection to their library before that date and play them at any time in the future as long as they maintain an active PS Plus membership. Sony has clarified that the PS Plus game catalog, monthly games, and other existing benefits aren't affected by this change.

See full article...

All you have to do is add the games to your library before that happens, and they will be yours. You don't even have to download the games, but if you have free space and time, couldn't hurt

All you have to do is add the games to your library before that happens, and they will be yours. You don't even have to download the games, but if you have free space and time, couldn't hurt
Seems like this only works if a) You are paid into PS+, and b) you are doing it from a PS5. When I was a PS+ subscriber (I've since dropped it) I wasn't able to get it to work through the web or PS4 interfaces.

Seems like this only works if a) You are paid into PS+, and b) you are doing it from a PS5. When I was a PS+ subscriber (I've since dropped it) I wasn't able to get it to work through the web or PS4 interfaces.

Well yeah, it requires an active PS+ membership. And the Plus collection is only available on the PS5, so also yes.

But it'll work with the basic PS+, essential. These can be found under $50 (they used to be $30-35 but those days are gone). I see a deal on slickdeals right now for $47. Sony would love to charge you $100, don't do that. And for those of you that are like $47, no way! Well, you have to have at least essentials to play online multiplayer anyway. And come on, it's under $4 a month, this is nothing new for playstation

Become a Patron!
Back