Ryan Reynolds Confirms “Deadpool 3”: Film Is Currently “In the Hands of Marvel Studios”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
"Deadpool" star Ryan Reynolds has confirmed that a third chapter of his vulgar superhero hit is coming, and that he's working intimately with Marvel Studios to bring it to life.

“We’re working on it right now with the whole team,” Reynolds said. “We’re over at Marvel, which is the big leagues all of a sudden. It’s kind of crazy.”

The first two Deadpool films were rated R, which poses an interesting conundrum for Kevin Feige. Could this be Marvel Studios's first "mature" film?

Deadpool was one of the few characters owned outright by a studio other than Disney, but came home to Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and his team in Disney’s $71.3 billion Fox acquisition in March. Reynolds, who stars as the titular mercenary with lewd jokes and impressive regenerating capabilities, developed the first two films with Fox film leadership.

Interesting...
Some friends and I were wondering if being made under Disney might mean the series gets toned down for this 3rd movie, though.

They need to continue with the "R" rating, or there is going to be a lot of upset fans out there (myself included).
Disney defines corporate beige and zero risks, so that is very much in doubt.
I do hope they just leave things as is... But, I don't know.

I think Feige is aware and might even play with that a bit .. starting the movie with a lot of "BLEEP"s and Deadpool going behind the camera and shooting the "BLEEP" guy in the face or something of the sort ..

Disney defines corporate beige and zero risks, so that is very much in doubt.
I do hope they just leave things as is... But, I don't know.
In this case, the irony would be toning it down and going with a lower rating would be the opposite of playing it safe. One of the reasons the other two movies did well is because that didn't happen. Playing it safe is using the same formula as the previous two movies but I'm not confident Disney has enough brain cells to rub together to figure that out.

Maybe Disney will allow them to do 3 like they did with 2... the regular version, then the edited and bleeped "once upon a deadpool" version

Become a Patron!
Back