Recent content by Grimlakin

  1. Grimlakin

    DDR4 Refuses to Die as New Processors from Intel Supporting the Older Memory Are Expected to Launch Soon

    Intel following in AMDs footsteps.. I guess AMD is the big dog now.
  2. Grimlakin

    PC Shipments Fall off a Cliff as Some Manufacturers See Year-over-Year Numbers Drop by over Twenty-Five Percent in 2026

    Yep... pc sales dip when price to performance becomes too burdensome. Thankfully we are hitting a wall in price for a lot of electronics where consumers just nope out rather than buy trash gear that won't work for their use case. If you want to get into PC gaming today you're going to...
  3. Grimlakin

    Sony Is Attempting to Patent Using AI So That Bosses Can Learn and Adapt to Player Strategies

    Honestly I would manipulate the base ML and only be good when I had to be. I would also do stuff like delete the ML repository from time to time. Then again I also run cheats so I can enjoy a single player game how I choose to.
  4. Grimlakin

    Database design optimization - MariaDB (MySQL)

    You can automate a lot of this with various DB tools. From an enterprise standpoint this is why I like mssql. Sounds like the DB needs some tuning and someone is running a DB query or stored procedure that is off the rails. Like tney are aggregating data axeoss billions of rows for...
  5. Grimlakin

    Sony Is Attempting to Patent Using AI So That Bosses Can Learn and Adapt to Player Strategies

    See that isnactually cheating unless you bake in the ML function to the story and setting otherwise how would boss f know how you defeated boss a through e? Maybe an observer drone you can take out to disable ML for a period of time.
  6. Grimlakin

    AMD Ryzen 7 (Zen 4) vs Ryzen 7 (Zen 5) 8-Core CPUs – 2026 Review

    Honestly that is a very fair question. Are CPU's the last bastion of DIY. Are we going to have SOC's only going forward. I think chances of that are greater than any of us really want.
  7. Grimlakin

    German Power Company Is Selling Monthly Flat-Rate Plans Aimed at Gamers and Power-Hungry PCs

    I saw this in Texas. Same people doing the wholesale power purchases... paying current rates for power not a negotiated rate with the middle man. And when Snowmageddon hit.... they got bills in the multiple thousands of dollars. There is something to be said for contract enforced rates...
  8. Grimlakin

    Used PlayStation 5 Pro Consoles Going for up to $1,499 at GameStop as New Inventory Disappears Ahead of GTA VI Launch

    I just wonder why. Xbox is saying the game is coming to it as well which i mean.. Great for sales.
  9. Grimlakin

    The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

    Yea this would be a great deep dive across 50 billion titles for someone like hardware unboxed. It seems to be their jam.
  10. Grimlakin

    Strap Yourselves In and Prepare a Restore Image Because Windows 11 26H2 Has Arrived

    I find my nvme pcie 5x4 is plenty fast loading in wow. ;) Looking at the revamped classic.
  11. Grimlakin

    The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

    That is a great point. Cut the power budget to keep your consumption down otherwise the card will find ways to boost quality with power budget. What I dont get is running over budget.
  12. Grimlakin

    Xbox Disc-to-Digital Program Is Now Automatic for Users and Is Gaining More Support from Publishers as Ubisoft and Select SEGA Titles Appear

    Man IF I could recover my old games that were on my account like the old guitar hero and rock band games.... on my PC... that would be so nice.
  13. Grimlakin

    Copilot+ PCs Dead on Arrival as Microsoft and Qualcomm Step Back on Its Branding for the Latest Round of Surface Devices

    You have to write an essay.. AI that... You have to do an online test: AI that and on and on... until.. Internet is down, you can't access an AI... now figure out how to do something on your own.. Oh wait... you died because you were dependent on AI. AI working to overthrow the...
  14. Grimlakin

    Star Wars Jedi III Is Rumored to Still Be in Development but a Launch Announcement Could Be Imminent

    Oh huh I enjoyed them all. beat them all... not sure if I 100%'d them but yea they were fun.
  15. Grimlakin

    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 on Lockdown at Micro Center as It Is Reportedly Requiring Customers to Provide ID and Sign a No-Export Declaration

    I wonder if that means they have traced some purchases from Microcenter to ending up in an export restricted or on their way to an export restricted location.
Become a Patron!
Back
Top